Outlook reported error 0x 8004102A: "error with send/receive" involving DELETED System folder

During Send-Receive All, Outlook reported error 0x 8004102A: "error with send/receive" involving DELETED System folder.  It keeps reporting this error even though everything has synced.

Question Info

Last updated March 31, 2018 Views 583 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for asking. You may try the following steps and check if it helps resolve the issue.

Remove the Live account from outlook by going to File, Info, Account settings, Account settings and then Email.

Delete the .OST file(s) associated with the Windows Live account. To do that,

1.       Close outlook

2.       Click on Start, All Programs, Accessories and then click on Run.

3.       Copy and paste the following text in the Open field and then press ‘Enter’.

4.       %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

5.       Delete the .ost file(s) from the above location.

Once the above steps are complete, re-add the live account in outlook using Outlook connector and check if it helps. 

If you still face the same issue after performing the above steps, then you may check the following articles and verify the results:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2231628

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329936

I hope the above information helps. If you still have questions, you can always reply and I’ll be happy to assist you.

Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thank you for asking. You may try the following steps and check if it helps resolve the issue.

Remove the Live account from outlook by going to File, Info, Account settings, Account settings and then Email.

Delete the .OST file(s) associated with the Windows Live account. To do that,

1.       Close outlook

2.       Click on Start, All Programs, Accessories and then click on Run.

3.       Copy and paste the following text in the Open field and then press ‘Enter’.

4.       %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

5.       Delete the .ost file(s) from the above location.

Once the above steps are complete, re-add the live account in outlook using Outlook connector and check if it helps. 

If you still face the same issue after performing the above steps, then you may check the following articles and verify the results:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2231628

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329936

I hope the above information helps. If you still have questions, you can always reply and I’ll be happy to assist you.

Thanks

I tried this - twice! Now it is not syncing at all. The new Outlook Hotmail Connector was a recent update from the one I was using. Any added advice would be appreciated.

Thanks so much. Ellen

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, thought I should let you know that after the last message, I finally found a solution.   I re-added the live account in outlook using Outlook Connector after removing and re-downloading Outlook Hotmail Connector from the Microsoft website twice.  I also made my hotmail email account the default in Outlook (although comments on the internet said it didn't matter), and made sure that the name used on both Windows Live Email and the Outlook Hotmail accounts were the same, even though they were only aliases.

Happily, Outlook Connector finally kicked in, and recognized there was a Hotmail Account on the list - and included it in Send/Receive.  After a couple of error-ridden syncs, everything cleared up.  No errors anymore!

So

Sorry this didn't help.

I have Outlook2010 and have this sync problem with my ....outlook.ph email I get a reported error code 0 x 8004102A every time I send and receive emails.  I am trying to migrate all my different emails to 1 new cloud based email, I don't mind to PAY A PREMIUM FOR THIS FOR MICROSOFT A friend has proposed I buy Outlook2013 and this will resolve all the problems. Will it? Can you email me a UK or USA of Skype number I can call you on.

I also want my .....outlook.ph email to have a digital signature, I think this is the way of the future, I want people to be sure I am who I say I am. I keenly await your email.

regards Keith Davies

Sorry this didn't help.