Question

Outlook mail Follow-up flag options are missing

Janwell asked on
In Outlook 2010, I am trying to flag a message in the folder pane.  When I click on the Follow-up button (Home tab/Tags group), there are no options for this week, next week, add reminder,etc. as there were in Outlook 2007.  Can't find any options that would control this. Any ideas?    
34 people had this question

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
MMegan replied on
Found a workaround that isn't extremely elegant but it basically gets the job done.

• First, create a Quick Step.
  • On the Home tab, in the Quick Steps group, click on Create New.
  • In the Choose an Action drop-down, click Create a task with attachment.
  • You can choose to create a shortcut key (at the bottom of the dialog box) if you'd like.
  • Once the Quick Step is created, it appears as "Create a task with attachment" in the Quick Step group on the Home tab for quick click-ability.  Click it from an email and it brings up a task with the email attached.
  • The flags in the task window have all of the usual options (Tomorrow, Next Week, Custom, etc.) and reminders can be set.
  • Later, when the reminder pops up, double clicking on the email attached to the task opens the particular email

I'm glad to have a way to quickly correlate an email with reminders.  Hopefully this helps others.
Disclaimer: I am a fledgling in the database world yet try to help with creativity if not efficiency
24 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress