Outlook 2010 Mail Indexing Not Working (Windows Search Email Indexer Add-in cannot be enabled)
Outlook 2010 search not working - apparently because indexing is not working.
I'm running Outlook 2010 64bit on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
Here's what I've already tried:
* Rebuilt Indexes. No change
* SCANPST - No errors on pst file
* Indexing Options - shows Microsoft Outlook in the list of "Included Locations"
* Ran the "Troubleshoot search and indexing" - No problems found.
* Checked-Add-ins. "Windows Search Email Indexer" is UNCHECKED. I can check it; but it immediately goes back to unchecked (whether I restart Outlook or not). ** So this add-in cannot be enabled. **
* Checked the Indexing Services in Control Panel: Programs and Features: Turn Windows Features on/off.
"Windows Search" was checked = ON; "Indexing Services" was not checked = OFF
I tried turning "Windows Search" OFF, Rebooted, Turned it On, Rebuilt Indexes again. No Change.
Checked "Indexing Service" ON; No Change.
** Completely rebuilt PC (Reformat & fresh Win 7 install) **
Exact same situation on the completely rebuilt PC
0 Items left to Index.
"Windows Search Email Indexer" add-in still unchecked/disabled (cannot enable)
Outlook Search returns NO hits at all
Outlook 2010 64bit search is BROKEN. (I've tried just about every fix suggested in the many other threads on this issue !)
Any other Fix recommendations, Please ?
Worked for me when nothing else did -- thanks so much PaulBristow!
Control Panel | Turn Windows Features on/off
1. Turn off windows Search. Reboot.
2. Turn on windows Search. Reboot.
Windows 8 (64bit)
Office Outlook 2010 (64bit)
Google Apps Sync (Syncs outlook with Google Apps for Businesses)