Outlook 2010 Delayed delivery of appointments not working

It appears that there is a bug in Outlook 2010 related to delayed delivery of an appointment email. We are using Lync 2010 as well. You can test this by doing the following.  Create an appointment in Outlook by clicking "New Online Meeting", add a few attendees, select the File tab, click the Properties button within the Info section, within "Delivery Options" select "Do not delivery before" and set a future date/time for delivery.  When you send the appointment it goes out immediately and is not delayed.

FYI, I noticed that I can't do delayed delivery of a non-Lync online appointment.  Maybe this is an issue when the Lync plug-in is working with Outlook.

Can someone confirm if this is a bug or a configuration issue on our end?

Thanks

What type of email account have you setup in outlook (POP, IMAP, MAPI or Exchange)?
Are you able to use delayed delivery option if Lync add-in is disabled?
If yes, you may also post in the Microsoft Lync forum below for more help:

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

We are running Exchange 2010, Lync 2010, WS 2008 R2, Office 2010 and Windows 7.  All are patched with the latest patches, updates or service packs available from MS. My Outlook is running on our corporate LAN connected to Exchange.

Delayed delivery works fine for email. The only time it hasn't worked is for an appointment which is set-up as a Lync online meeting.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem on the latest version of O365 (my mailbox has been migrated to the latest outlook.com) using Outlook 2010 as the client. I set the delayed delivery options for a normal meeting request in the message properties dialog, but the message was still sent right away. Please open a bug for this, it should be very easy to repro. Is there a way to track the status of the bug on connect.microsoft.com? Why is it so difficult to open an Office bug? Why doesn't Office use connect.microsoft.com?? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What type of email account have you setup in outlook (POP, IMAP, MAPI or Exchange)?
Are you able to use delayed delivery option if Lync add-in is disabled?
If yes, you may also post in the Microsoft Lync forum below for more help:

Why is this post marked as an answer?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 1,493 Applies to: