line break in plain text emails in outlook 2010

Dear all,

I am trying to disable line breaks in Outlook 2010 when sending plain text emails. I have tried changing the option "Automatically wrap text at" both in the interface as well as in the registry with no effect. All emails arrive at destination with a break at 76 characters. I am not using exchange and I have tried this sending emails through two different servers (one gmail, one non-Gmail). I have also tried to insert in the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\MailSettings) a DWORD called WrapLines and set it to 0 (a solution suggested for Outlook 2003), but again to no avail.

Can anybody help?

Heiner
|
Answer
Answer

I know this is an old post but I wanted to get in what worked for me.

In Outlook 2010 go to File > Options > and scroll down to the international options at the bottom. I changed the dropdown for "Automatically select encoding for outgoing messages" from Western European (ISO) to Unicode (UTF-8).

My emails no longer add extra line breaks.

Hope this works for others!

John

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
After posting the message, I unchecked both options "Reduce message size by removing format information not necessary to display the message" and "Remove extra line breaks in plain text messages" and all of a sudden I could modify the line break limit. The funny thing is I could even re-activate both options with Outlook still being responsive to my changes of the line wrap limit. Using the Outlook 2003 trick to manually set the line wrap limit in the registry, I have now solved my problem.
Weird...

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 8, 2020 Views 17,882 Applies to: