How setup Auto reply for every incoming email or Auto response on Outlook 2010?

I am trying to setup an auto response as I am on a vacation to my native place. I need to have a autoreply to my every incoming mail with my vacation message. Please help me out with all the possible ways as want my hierarchy to know that I am on a vacation at my office.
|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I am trying to setup an auto response as I am on a vacation to my native place. I need to have a autoreply to my every incoming mail with my vacation message. Please help me out with all the possible ways as want my hierarchy to know that I am on a vacation at my office.

If you are on off for vacations or on a business trip then it would become a dire need to automatically send email stating alternative ways to contact you. In Outlook 2010 you can automatically deal with the incoming emails in certain way, i.e,  by creating a template which includes important phone numbers, addresses, etc for immediate contact. Whenever you will be contacted via email, the specified mail template will automatically be sent as a reply. In this post we will be creating a simple rule which eventually enables you to create an auto-reply. To use this feature you will need Microsoft Exchange Server to be configured with Outlook 2010.

To start off with, first we need to make a template which will be automatically sent to the sender’s email address, for this launch Outlook 2010 and navigate to Home tab and click New E-mail. Now compose an appropriate email template.

Now from File menu, click Save As.

It will lead you to Save As dialog, from Save as type options, click Outlook Template (*.oft). Give it an appropriate name and click Save

Now head over to Home tab and from Rules options, click Manage Rules & Alerts.

Rules and Alerts dialog will appear, click New Rule, you will see Rules Wizard dialog. Under Start from a blank rule, select Apply rule on messages I receive, and click Next.

In this step, enable sent only to me option, and click Next.

Now enable Reply using a specific template and from bottom pane click a specific template. A Select a Reply Template dialog will open-up, from Look-In options, click User Templates in File System. Now select the previously saved template and click Open, as shown in the screenshot below.

At the bottom of the dialog, you will see the template file is inserted. Click Finish to end the wizard.

It will bring you back to Rules and Alerts dialog, now you can see the newly created rule by the name of sent only to me. Click OK to continue.

Now when someone will send you an email, an auto reply(selected template) mail will be automatically sent to the sender’s email address.

You can also check out previously reviewed guides on Apply rules on Text messages (SMS) & Email Tracking in Outlook 2010.

Enjoy Frnzzzzzzzzzzzz

36 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Very nice post. 

How can this be applied to respond to people who only send email from a specific address?  For example, say I want to modify this rule to apply only to people with a microsoft.com email address, how can this be done?

I tried to do what you had recommend but in step 1 instead of selecting "sent to me", I selected "with specific word's in the senders address" and input microsoft.com into the condition.

The rest of the rule I configured as you described.  However the rule did nothing even though it was turned on.

Any ideas? 

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi - I have done this several times but only get one auto respond when testing.    I really need to get a response each and every time the same person sends.    I know back in outlook 2003, we could choose to send once or send every time.  But with outlook 2007 or 2010, that option is no longer there.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also looking for the same every mail Auto Reply, but it's for someone with Outlook 2007 or through their webmail.  Thanks!

1 person found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Keep in mind that this is a client-side rule so it will only work when Outlook is actually running.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

I really need to get a response each and every time the same person sends.  

That's one of the quickest ways to lose friends. Why do you think Exchange Vacation responses only respond once a day to each sender?

1 person found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

My business uses one email address per location as 95% of staff are not computer-based and do not need nor have individual addresses.

As such, five different people may email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** in a day, and I need ensure that each individual who sends from this address (several dozen people may have access in some instances) gets the out-of-office message so that they can correctly redirect their message without delay.

I assume this must still be possible?

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Outlook will send only one autoreply to each address.  It remembers each address to which it sends an autoreply and won't send another, unless you stop and restart Outlook.  If you're using Exchange, Exchange remembers and will send only one each day.
Brian

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, I just want to know that you said outlook  remembers each address to which it sends an auto-reply and won't send another,how about the public mailbox,which is hanged on the server,and not login the outlook..I want the public mailbox also can auto-reply  to the same address each day. Can you help me ? Thanks a lot!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

When you say "public mailbox", are you speaking of an Exchange mailbox or something else?

IN any event, if it doesn't involve Outlook, it doesn't belong in this forum.

Brian

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 27, 2021 Views 135,701 Applies to: