Cannot start Microsoft Outlook 2010

This has happened to me twice on this computer and once on another. Both are running Windows 764 bit with the 32 bit version of Office 2010. There is no reason, it was working- I close the program and then it gives the error "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook". I have tried the resetnav pane to no avail. I have tried the regedit in profiles- problem still present. On both computers I tried to go to Mail under control panel to delete the profile, but when I click on mail it says "Your system needs more memory or system resources. Close some windows and try again" Nothing is open and again this occured on two different computers same error. The only way I have been able to fix the problem is to create a new user profile then I can set Outlook back up and it works normally. This appears to be a problem in Windows 7 or Outlook itself. Outlook is the only program affected and my computer works normally I just cannot access Outlook unless I create a new profile. I can do this to fix my problem even though it is a bit of a pain, but first is there an easier way and second this has to be a software problem as this is the third time it has happend, twice on one computer and once on another. These were both freshly installed systems with Office 2010. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated December 19, 2017 Views 21,426 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
I too was talking about Outlook profiles! The only way I can repair Outlook and get it to work is to create a new Windows User Profile and set Outlook up fresh- that was my only point concerning a New Windows User account.

If this is the case, then there is a problem in the registry for your Windows user account.  Make a backup of the registry before doing what I am about to suggest.

Open regedit (press WinKey+R, enter "regedit" in the Open field, then press Enter).  Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles.  You'll see the data structures of the profiles you have there.  Export the Profiles key so you can restore it if needed.  Then delete it.  Close regedit and try to use the Mail applet in Control Panel to create a new mail profile.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
--------------------------------
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Brian.Tillman
If a reply helps, please vote it as helpful. If a reply solves the issue, please mark it as an answer.
Brian

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.