OneNote Sync with SkyDrive Error 0x80070005

Ok, I am trying to sync my OneNote notebooks to SkyDrive. I have (currently) several notebooks "shared" to skydrive. Two of them are for my iPhone, on one Window's Live ID (because you can't specify what notebooks to sync with my phone...AND I STILL CAN'T GET THAT TO WORK, but that's for a different thread). I also have 3 other notebooks syncing with another Window's Live ID. 

I have been getting the Error message: "A Password is required to synchronize this notebook. (Error code: 0x80070005) click here to see help online about this error." If I sync again, it says that I have sync'd successfully. This is happening quite frequently. Is there a way to change my password settings (so that they are remembered)?

Also, when I go to File->share-> it says that "This notebooke is shared with anyone permmitted to access this domain:" with no password/login options. Yet if i click on an unshared notebook, it gives me options to log in to windows skydrive. 

Edit:

When I get the error, and I click on the notebook, i get a bar at the top (under the section heading) that says "onenote needs a password to sync some of your notebooks. Click here to see the list of sections and notebooks that require passwords." 

When I click it a box pops up with the path for the notebook, if I click it, nothing happens, and the error message goes away.

So confused.

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 6,367 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

You don't need to run OneNote as an administrator - but when you have multiple LiveID accounts and you're logging into different ones, it can get a little messy. (with OneNote and SkyDrive.)

I've heard there may be some fixes coming to improve that situation in the next SP for Office 2010, but I don't have any announcd ETA of when to expect that.

-B-
http://www.officeforlawyers.com | http://www.onenote-tips.com
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.