OneNote 2010 Skydrive Sync Error - The Web server is reporting an internal error (Error code: 0x800701F4)

Having a really big problem with onenote sync to skydrive.  I found very little online about it, just this post.

"The Web server is reporting an internal error. If this error persists, contact the server administrator. (Error code: 0x800701F4) "

I also get "Error code: 0xE4010646" with same message.

I closed the notebook on my PC, deleted the cache, then logged into Skydrive and tried to open the notebook again in my desktop, and now get this error before any of the notebooks syncs to my desktop.  Now, my critical notebooks are stuck on skydrive but won't open/sync in desktop.  Is there anyone who can assist?

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 12,005 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

As explained in my earlier post, there was an issue with OneNote synching with Skydrive where notebook with many files and long filenames would stop synching.

The fix for this was applied on the servers over the last few days and any notebook that stopped synching should now automatically sync. If not, you can navigate to one such notebook and hit Shift-F9 - which will force a sync and sync should work from now on.

If you are still seeing sync errors (0x800701F4 or others), please open a new thread.

Again, apologies for the users who had trouble synching their notebooks. It should work much better now.

Benoit Barabe, OneNote Development Manager.
Benoit Barabe, Director of Development in Office.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.