Question

Q: KB2760600 - not installing

I have been alerted to an update, KB2760600 - Security Update for Microsoft OneNote 2010 32 bit edition.  When I attempt to install the update my computer is never successful.  I have attempted to install the update several times with not luck.  I have allowed up to 30 minutes before I get frustrated and restart my computer manually.  All other updates go through with no issue.

What am I missing?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have the same update fault, need be fix fast, reason for this: Is a security improvement for the app.,

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem with KB2760600 on Windows 8!

Sorry this didn't help.

Ive been having the same problem for the last few hours.  All other updates successful.  I used the update troubleshooter and all of my updates in the update history vanished.  My update history now shows I never installed any windows updates!  I've tried everything I can think of with no success.  Hopefully, a fix is forthcoming because I now feel vulnerable due to this security issue with OneNote.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also having the same problem with windows 8. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear all!

I could finally solve the issue with the following steps:

1) I did run WindowsUpdateDiagnostic (Fix-IT) that I downloaded from Microsoft Websites

2) I did a Disk Cleanup

3) I restarted my PC

4) I downloaded the patch KB2760600 from the Microsoft Websites manually and installed it manually

5) I restarted my PC

6) I continued with standard windows update to install all remaining updates

I hope it also works for you!

Best regards,

Gerry

Sorry this didn't help.

I seemed to have solved this in a round-about way on my laptop...

I had office 2010 32bit installed on a 64bit system, I manually downloaded the 32bit update from microsoft (here) and installed the update manually. It didn't look like it completed after 15 minutes so I clicked cancel. I then went to install it again and it said it was already installed. 

I've since restarted the computer several times and there now seems to be no issues

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft Fix-It isn't for W8 use, not solved yet, used the manual download

Sorry this didn't help.

I made all options described above by the others, begin the install and end saying fault.

Sorry this didn't help.

solved used these steps down

I did a Disk Cleanup and I restarted my PC, I downloaded the patch KB2760600 from the Microsoft Websites manually and installed it manually

Sorry this didn't help.

Führen Sie zur Behebung dieses Problems die folgenden Schritte aus:
  1. Klicken Sie auf Start, und klicken Sie anschließend auf Ausführen. Wenn Ausführen im Menü Start nicht angezeigt wird, geben Sie Ausführen in das Suchfeld Start ein und klicken dann in der Ergebnisliste auf Ausführen.

2. Kopieren Sie den folgenden Text, und fügen Sie ihn im Textfeld Ausführen ein:

Cmd /c ren %systemroot%\System32\Spupdsvc.exe Spupdsvc.old

3. Klicken Sie auf OK.

4. Führen Sie Windows Update erneut aus

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2,348 Last updated: March 25, 2018 Applies to: