How to hide authors in OneNote app?

Using a shared notebook with the OneNote app on a Windows 8 laptop right now. For some stupid reason the authors show up with the annoying highlighted sections and all that fun stuff. It's my personal notebook, and I've turned off authors on all computers the notebook has been opened on, so I don't know where its coming from. (They're my initials, by the way. I haven't been hacked.)
I don't think there is a way to hide authors on the app but if there is any way to hide them/get rid of "authors" completely I would be highly obliged to an individual who could enlighten me. 
|
Answer
Answer

This is probably because the different PCs know you with a different name. Your name is not configurable in Win8 app but it is configurable on OneNote 2010. You can go to File > Options and update the User Name and Initials to match the Win8 app so that it will now match between computers and OneNote will recognize that it is all you.

If you need to cleanup existing pages, you can use the Cleanup Authors macro from Onetastic. (will only work in OneNote on desktop, and if you run it after you make the user names match, it should fix things). See this for details: http://omeratay.com/onetastic/?r=macros

Omer Atay
Principal Software Engineering Manager - OneNote

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 27, 2021 Views 8,931 Applies to: