Is there a restriction on 2010 Microsoft publisher on how many pages can be generated?

I am using microsoft publisher 2010 to create a family history book, todate I have reached 200 pages and expect this to rise to 400 when finished, I need to know if  there is a limit to the amount that can be produced? i can print ok , however i have noticed when i add text or edit the response can be quite slow, i presume this is because of the size of the document being generated, appreciate any confirmation or guidelines. Todate the document is in the order of 1.4GB and will probably grow to 3GB. Many thanks Terry
|
Answer
Answer

1.4 GB is scary...and I would guess you would have a really hard time opening a 3 GB file. I am not sure what the limit is, but I sure hope you have a backup...several backups. If you are already at 1.4 GB I would guess that you have a lot of images. I would suggest that you compress those images to reduce your file size.

I would also suggest that you consider breaking the book up into chapters of smaller size or maybe even doing the project in Word. Word is usually a much better choice for large documents.

I think you have good cause to be worried and would start taking steps to avoid making the publication any larger.

DavidF

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 28, 2021 Views 1,232 Applies to: