The procedure entry point K32GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

When attempting to download my purchased copy of Office 2010, I get the following error:

"The procedure entry point K32GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll" and it closes the program.   I have tried to Run and Save, both result in the same error.  I have turned off my firewall and virus scan, neither helped.  Any ideas since this is apparently my only option to get support?

|
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question  in Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist you with your issue related to Office installation.

The following error message  'The procedure entry point K32GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll' prompts if you are trying to install Office on an unsupported Windows platform.

In order to help you with the issue, I need some information :

Do you have Sp1 (service pack 1) installed for Windows vista?

What is the edition and version of Office you are trying to install?

If you’re using Windows Vista operating System, then you need to have Service pack 1 installed on the computer to install Office 2010.

For more information on Microsoft Office 2010 system requirements, you may refer the link below:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-office-2010-system-requirements-HA101810407.aspx

Provide more information on the same, so that we could assist you better.

Thank you.

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 16, 2021 Views 51,395 Applies to: