Repairing Microsoft Office Starter 2010-English was unsuccessful because an internet connection is required. Why when I do have an internet connection?

I'm using Windows 7 and trying to get ride of events warning message that I believe comes from Office click-to-run. I'm trying to use the change option for the programs remove option and I keep getting the message of: Repairing Microsoft Office Starter 2010-English was unsuccessful because an internet connection is required. Nothing wrong on my end. Is their something wrong on Microsoft end?

Question Info

Last updated July 18, 2019 Views 12,266 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Your Internet provider may have silently enabled IPv6. This is what happened to me. Apparently the Click to Run Manager doesn't like IPv6. I went to my network adapter settings and unchecked that protocol and I was able to repair Office Starter.

168 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Whenever I try the change option under my user name and supply the admin password, I would get the message that it was unsuccessful because an internet connection is required. Ensure your computer can access the internet and try again.

This is just a terrible error description. The only way to get this change to perform was to switch from user to administration and then the change was successful which just seem to cause downloading of the Excel and Word software the next time I access them.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.