Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working.....

I am trying to Uninstall Office 2010 Beta. In the Control Panel, clicking to uninstall the beta program yields this message: "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

The 2010 version overrides my earlier version, and so I guess I will reinstall my earlier version in the hope that this will then override the 2010 beta version...?

Question Info

Last updated September 3, 2019 Views 36,683 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Also try manually uninstalling office 2010.

To manually uninstall office 2010 you can follow the link which is very much similar to office 2007:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218

Wherever it says office 12 in the article you have to look for office 14 on your system. 

Example:

Instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0 look for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0 on the system

Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Praveen Bhat, Microsoft Answers Support Engineer.
• We appreciate your participation in MS Forums, Help us understand your needs better. To share your valuable Feedback please Click here.

30 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.