How to re-enable Office 2010 updates....

Ok then, my question of the day is how does one re-enable Microsoft Office 2010 updates, like either automatic or choosing to check for updates along with other Microsoft software?

I have Windows 7 x64 with x64 Office 2010 installed and when I installed it, I choose not to update it, an obvious mistake. I installed a x32 version of 7 in a virtual machine and installed x32 Office 2010 on it an I choose to check for updates but not to install them. I went and updated the x32 7 and there were Office updates. So then I was like, "____." 

I've looked through the forums that remotely relate to this but there isn't an applicable solution. Choosing the options through Windows Update doesn't do anything. The only thing that I can think of to enable the updates is to uninstall and reinstall it, which I kind of don't want to do because I have to reconfigure Outlook and that's kind of a pain. Yep.

|
Answer
Answer

Uninstall Office using the 'Fix It' tool available under ‘Office suites’ from the link below. This will remove all the installed components of Office from the machine:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Once done, reinstall Office and verify the status.

Note: Before running the ‘fix it’ tool make sure that you have the disk or the download link and the product key to reinstall Office. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 11, 2021 Views 46,895 Applies to: