Solved: Excel 2010, Word 2010 & PowerPoint 2010 - Paste only pastes text - Paste Button options are missing: Due to Skype Plug-in in a browser

In a brand new installation of Excel 2010, the Paste button only allows the pasting of Text. Formulas paste as text and there are no other options.  All of the Paste Special options are missing. I have viewed screen shots of Excel 2010 on the web, where there are many Paste options shown.  Is there a configuration setting to turn the Paste options On?  Office 2010 was packaged with an HP computer with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS (all updates performed), and then activated. Office SP1 was reported as not needed.  I was working extensively with Excel 2007 (and early) and have not encountered this problem.  I have seen others ask this question in various forums, but have not seen a solution. 

Thanks to everyone for their help.

See my March 20, 2012 post for more details on the solution.

Question Info

Last updated November 29, 2018 Views 44,726 Applies to:
Answer
Skype has released an updated version of the Click to Call browser add-on that should be free of the problem mentioned above.
If you want it, go to http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/click-to-call/windows and click Download Now.
---
Kind regards, HansV
www.eileenslounge.com

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.