Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk space

I'm using excel 2010 on windows 7 home premium. When I try to create a new file using the BLANK template I get presented with an error of "Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk space. To make more memory available, close workbooks or programs you no longer need. To free disk space, delete files you no longer need from the disk you are saving to".

This is a new PC, loads of memory, 3GB RAM. I can create files using other templates (e.g. budgets, quotes, etc). I can't however open up CSV files.  This was working but has recently stopped. I've unistalled windows updates up to the point where it was last working, no joy. I've repaired and re-installed Office 2010. Still no joy.

Possibly unrelated but when I open up Word 2010 I get the error message "Workd could not create the work file. Check the temp environment vairable."

Would really appreciate it if anyone could help me :o(

Question Info

Last updated September 4, 2019 Views 25,791 Applies to: Have the experts at Excelchat fix your formulas for free. See how.
Answer
Answer

the point is:

1.run regedt32

2.fix the value of

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders->Cache

assign this to your exist own directory...

The World is not enough.

43 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.