Excel 2010 Pivot Table Errors

Let me preface this by saying I use pivot tables all the time.   The data source for my pivot table is a dynamic named range, which expands contracts as needed based on the number of row/columns in the data source.  

In my table, I have a list of Project Names and Supplier IDs (and lots of other fields).   I have the Project Name as one of the page fields (set to allow selection of one value) and the Supplier ID as the row field.    In the Sum Values field, I have Sum of Quantity Inspected.   As I was drilling into the data, I discovered that data included for the selected Supplier ID is not always from the selected Project Name included.   (and the PAGE field is set to allow only one selection, not multiple). 

I've added the Column Grand Total as well to determine the Project Names that are included in the pivot table and every listed Project name is different from the Selected Project name.    It does include only ONE project name, but not the one that's listed in the Page Field. 

I have verified this using some SUMIFS formulas adjacent to the pivot table.   Some of the totals displayed are larger and some are smaller.  It's just very strange. 

I've recently converted to Excel 2010, and I may not be aware of Pivot Table changes there.  

I appreciate any help I can get.

Barb Reinhardt

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2018 Views 979 Applies to:
Upload.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I can't upload it, but I did regenerate the pivot table and notice some differences between the two.    I would like to understand why it did this, but need to finish this activity before digging into that.  I may post another message later to understand it better.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.