Work anywhere from any device with Microsoft 365

Upgrade to Microsoft 365 to work anywhere with the latest features and updates.

Upgrade now

Automation Error- runtime error 2147417848 '(80010108)'

I am using Imaging for Widows to display images in a macro/vba based application. When I zoom the image and then scroll I get the Automation error-runtime error 2147417848 '(80010108)' message.

I recently expanded the image database- did not have this problem prior to that.

Question Info

Last updated January 28, 2020 Views 3,106 Applies to:
If this post is helpful or answers the question, please mark it so, thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The reply was very helpful but so far I have been unable to correct the problem.  It appears to describe the prblem well but I have been unable to use it to solve the problem.

It arises because I am using an Excel/BVBA application that has two dependent databases.  It displays maps from one using imgEdit. It displays the map in Imaging for Windows .  Previously I thought it arose after zooming when I tried to scroll back and forth.  I now find that if I open it oversize so that the zoom is not necessary to overfill the imgEdit display I still get the failure when I try to scroll.  The scrrollbar appears automaticaly when the image overfills the imgEdit so I do not have direct access to that code.

I do find that on failure W7 locks up and gives a message that it is waiting for a signal from me even though I have already given a close instruction.  This suggests that more than one instance is open but when I look in processes only one instance shows.

Thanks for your help

Sorry this didn't help.

I face the same issue/error. 

Sorry this didn't help.