Error when trying to Convert Form Macro to Visual Basic

I am using MS Access 2010, when adding any button on a form and I want to use VB instead of macros I get the following error.

"There was  a problem opening the [Embedded Macro]. Do you want to continue?"

Then if I say yes, it says the conversion is finished, if I say no in gives me an invalid procedure. Either way it does not conver the macro to vb.

This worked great in Access 2007. Is there a fix?

Thanks Billie Cornell.

Question Info

Last updated December 12, 2018 Views 5,694 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Billie,

It sounds like you are running into a bug within Access 2010. When you have an embedded macro on a form and use the option to “Convert Form’s Macros to Visual Basic”, it has been reported that Access 2010 will crash or you will see behavior similar to what you reported. If you click the button to convert the macro, Access 2010 will prompt to see if you want to add comments and error handling to the VBA. If you click OK on this, you will then receive the following message:

There was a problem opening the macro ‘[Embedded Macro]’. Do you want to continue? 

If you click Yes on this message, it will either once again crash or says “Conversion Finished!”, even though the macro is not converted. If you click No on this message, you receive an “Invalid procedure call or argument” message.

As mentioned above, this behavior has been filed as a bug and is being looked at by our development team. Unfortunately, I can’t guarantee if or when it will be fixed, but they are aware of the issue. At this time, the only workaround I have would be to create a normal macro, and then you should be able to open that macro up in design view and use the “Convert Macros to Visual Basic” option.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Nathan Ost

Microsoft Online Community Support

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.