Creating ACCDE file

I have created a database consisting of 12 tables, 14 forms, 4 queries, 12 reports, 2 modules.

Each form contains minimal VBA code.

I have split the database successfully.

When creating a .ACCDE file the program aborts with the message:

Microsoft Access was unable to create the .accde, .mde or .ade file

This error is usually associated with compiling a large database into an MDE file.  Because of the method used to compile the database, a considerable number of TableID references are created for each table.  The Access database engine can only create a maximum of 2048 open TableIDs at one time.  Exporting a database as an MDE potentially can exceed this limit if the database has a large number of objects (table, macro, form, report, etc).

There is no accurate method to estimate the number of TableIDs the Access database engine uses during the process of compiling a database as an MDE.  However, each VBA module and each form uses one TableID, as a result, if the database has 500 forms, and each form's HasModule property is set to Yes, as many as 1,000 TableIDs are used.

What am I doing wrong?

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2019 Views 22,395 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Sanlogent,

I have seen this error happen when there are issues with the code in the database.  If you open the database and go into the VBA window are you able to compile the database without a problem (debug menu -> compile)?  If you run into errors compiling the database this way, fix these errors and then once you can successfully compile the file this way then try creating the ACCDE file again.

Best Regards,

Nathan O.

Microsoft Online Community Support

67 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.