Cannot open a SharePoint 2013 list in Access 2010 after installing SP2 for Office 2010

I have a SharePoint 2013 Enterprise installation with the following updates installed:

SharePoint Foundation 2013 March PU

SharePoint Server 2013 March PU

SharePoint Foundation 2013 April CU

SharePoint Server 2013 April CU

The client machine on which I am experiencing issues has the following:

Windows 7  - all of the latest updates as of 2013-07-25.

Office 2010 Professional including all patches up to and including Service Pack 2 for Office 2010.

IE 10 

After installing SP2 for Office 2010 on the client I am no longer able to connect to a SharePoint list from the SharePoint list's ribbon in IE 10.  When I attempt to do so, I receive the following alert: "Export to database failed. To export a list, you must have a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible application."

I have verified that on client machines with Office Pro 2010 without service pack 2 I am still able to Open the list with Access 2010.  I am also able to do this on clients running Office 2013 Professional.

I performed an Office repair from Add/Remove programs after I installed Office 2010 Service Pack 2, and was still not able to open the list with Access.  However, I am able to connect to the list from within Access 2010 if I start there first, create a blank database --> Create --> SharePoint Lists --> Existing SharePoint List, and connect via the list URL.

Upon uninstalling SP2 for Office on the client in question, I can once again open the list with Access from the list's ribbon in IE 10.

Can anyone verify this issue, or provide any recommendations?  

Thanks in advance - Dave

Question Info

Last updated April 3, 2018 Views 10,725 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Looks like there maybe a fix you can try.

http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=2553170

You’ll need to agree to the EULA and enter your e-mail address.

Let me know if that works.

Jack Stockton
Microsoft Access MVP 2012 - 2017

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.