How can i get Print Layout View to match Print Preview in Word 2007?

I've tried unhiding paragraph and other symbols, I've looked for and can't identify any unintended "hidden" spaces or characters, and i've also tried both showing and hiding white space in the Words Options Display menu but my Print Layout view never matches my Print Preview.  So as it ends up, I'm forced to either edit my document in print preview, in which case all my images end up in random places, overlaying each other and the footer (even though they have square text wrapping) when i view the document on a computer in Print Layout, or i have to edit in Print Layout view which then doesn't print correctly.  I don't understand what value there is in a print layout view that never looks like what is printed.

Question Info

Last updated November 30, 2017 Views 254 Applies to:
Answer
Print Preview is the WYSIWYG version of the document - how it should appear when printed. Print layout is merely an aid to document layout to give an impression of what the document will look like while assembling the document. It should however be pretty close to Print Preview (but Print Preview is dictated by the capabilities of the active printer driver).

You have not indicated what the problem is with your layouts (though I suppose from your comments it must be something to do with graphic placement).
Graham Mayor (Microsoft Word MVP)
For more Word tips and downloads visit my web site
https://www.gmayor.com/Word_pages.htm

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.