Setting language for entire presentation all at once / Selecting all slides and all objects on all slides at once

I want to change the language for spell checking after translating. I don't want to click each slide and then use Select All to select all objects on the slide and then set the language. There has to be a better way but I've never found it. Basically seems like a problem of not being able to select every object in a presentation at once (would have same problem setting one font for an entire presentation).
-Things I've tried:
1. Setting the language without previously selecting anything. (Doesn't change the language of any text.)
2. Using Select All in Outline view and then setting the language. (No change.)
3. Using Select All in Slide view and then setting the language (Select All selects all objects on that slide.)
-I have to be missing something because this seems like basic functionality. I haven't been able to figure this out in earlier versions either.

Question Info

Last updated June 14, 2019 Views 154,479 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Try the following steps:-

Step 1:- By using Macro we can change the language in powerpoint for all slides.

Create a new macro:
1. Go to Tools, Macro, and Visual Basic Editor.
2. Insert a new empty module by selecting Insert, Module.
3. Paste this code on the right panel and save the macro:
Option Explicit  
Public Sub ChangeSpellCheckingLanguage()  
    Dim j As Integer, k As Integer, scount As Integer, fcount As Integer
    scount = ActivePresentation.Slides.Count
    For j = 1 To scount
        fcount = ActivePresentation.Slides(j).Shapes.Count
        For k = 1 To fcount
            If ActivePresentation.Slides(j).Shapes(k).HasTextFrame Then
                ActivePresentation.Slides(j).Shapes(k) _
                .TextFrame.TextRange.LanguageID = msoLanguageIDEnglishAUS
            End If
        Next k
    Next j
End Sub

Step 2:- This "msoLanguageIDEnglishAUS" which is used in the above macro can be replaced by any desired language. The full list of languages can be found in this article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa432635.aspx

Step 3:- Execute the macro (by pressing F5 within the editor, or by selecting Tools, Macro, Macros, ChangeSpellCheckingLanguage, and clicking Run).
After that all text elements within the presentation will have the new spelling language.

Ganesh Kumar N, Microsoft Answers Support Engineer.
• We appreciate your participation in MS Forums, Help us understand your needs better. To share your valuable Feedback please Click here.

79 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
I want to change the language for spell checking after translating. I don't want to click each slide and then use Select All to select all objects on the slide and then set the language. There has to be a better way but I've never found it. Basically seems like a problem of not being able to select every object in a presentation at once (would have same problem setting one font for an entire presentation).
-Things I've tried:
1. Setting the language without previously selecting anything. (Doesn't change the language of any text.)
2. Using Select All in Outline view and then setting the language. (No change.)
3. Using Select All in Slide view and then setting the language (Select All selects all objects on that slide.)
-I have to be missing something because this seems like basic functionality. I haven't been able to figure this out in earlier versions either.
Hi

I think the code here will do what you want:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245468

Lucy

Lucy Thomson
PowerPoint MVP
an easier tomorrow

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.