Microsoft Office Live Add-in Sign-in has stopped working

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

This prblem started occuring after some windows update.  It happens when I close any Office program.  I have never installed Office Live Add-in optional update nor Windows Live Essentials as I didn't think I would use the on-line service.  Is this causing a problem?

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2018 Views 18,697 Applies to:
Answer

I found this advice in another thread, and it seems to work great for me:

If you do not use the Add-In for anything, you can disable this add-in by unregistering the COM component or simply renaming the main file:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Office Live\OLConnector.dll

to

C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Office Live\OLConnector.dll.old

(I actually changed the name to: OLConnector.dll.bad - a much better "flag")

Thanks Great help.  Worked fantasticly. No more stress!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer

When I updated Windows Live Mail. I was asked if I wanted to install the Windows Live Add-in. I said NO. This is when I started receiving the below error everytime I opened MS Word..

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I tried to uncheck the Live Add-in from MSWord's Toolbar, but it kept coming back. I even reset my Normal.dot. Everytime I opened MSWord, the error would occur.

After many times of seeing this error and letting the error box try to find a solution, I decided to click "Details". In the details box, it showed that MicrosoftLiveAddIn.exe was the culprit.

I then checked control panel/programs and features. Microsoft Live Add-In was in fact listed as being installed. I highlighted it from the list, uninstalled it. I am no longer receiving this error.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.