Office Small Business 2007 Installation

I have a retail version of Office Small Business 2007 Upgrade installed on my laptop.  I have recently purchased a new desktop and wish to install the Office Small Business.  After entering my product key # it asks for location of previous version?  I don't know where to go from here.  Can I install Office 2007 onto my desktop and if so please provide directions accordingly.  Thank you!

Question Info

Last updated April 17, 2019 Views 823 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

An Upgrade license for Office 2007 simply will not install if the computer does not have on it a qualifying upgradeable product, or if you do not have an installation disc for a qualifying upgradeable product that you can insert when Office 2007 Setup asks for it.

You need one of the following, which are qualifying upgradeable products:

1.  Office 2000, 2002/XP*, 2003, a downlevel edition of Office 2007

2.  Any one of the standalone component programs that comprise Office 2000, 2002/XP, 2003, 2007

3.  Microsoft Works v6 thru 9

4.  Microsoft Works Suite 2000 or newer

*Except Office XP Students and Teacher Edition

That list covers a lot of products!  Surely between you, your friends, co-workers, and relatives, someone has one of those products and could loan you the disc for same to get your Office 2007 Upgrade license installed.  Particularly Works, zillions of new computers in the XP era came from manufacturers with some edition of Works installed.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.