Office 2007 updates

For the last three days I have been receiving for updates via windows updates, one for office 2003 and three for 0ffice 2007 the updates are as follows :-   KB2760411, KB2760588 and KB2760583 for office 2007 and KB810048 for office 2003. Has anyone else come across this anomaly and if so can you tell me why this is happening and is it something that should be stopped.

Many thanks

Joffajon

This is a known problem - many of the updates in the September 10, 2013 batch are faulty. Unfortunately, Microsoft hasn't withdrawn them.
You can hide the updates: see http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-hide-windows-updates-that-you-dont-want-to-.html
---
Best wishes, HansV
https://www.eileenslounge.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am having the same problem.  Seems that it is Office related and not tied to any specific OS as I have the same 3 updates for Office 2007 on multiple machines (using XP, Vista, 7 and 8).  I'm sure they are aware and working on it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, Microsoft is aware of the problem. For example, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2760411/en-us contains

"Known issues with this security update
  • You may be repeatedly offered this update even though it is already installed. Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available."
---
Best wishes, HansV

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same exact problem with the same updates (KB2760411KB2760583, & KB2760588), but am running Win Vista Home Premium (32-bit)

I have supposedly successfully installed the updates at least three (3) times according to the information given Control Panel, System and Maintenance, Windows Update, View Update History but when I go to the Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features, Installed Updates (I never knew you could view the updates two different ways!!! HA!) the updates do not show up on the latter list.  I wonder why there's a difference?

I even saw some other updates that showed up in the Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features, Installed Updates that did not show up in Control Panel, System and Maintenance, Windows Update, View Update History  I think this is a serious issue, but could be wrong.  I just hope someone can fix it.

In the meantime, I'm going to try and hide these three (3) updates.

I wish Microsoft the best and hope they can come up with a fix soon!!!
Dennis S. Primm

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a known problem - many of the updates in the September 10, 2013 batch are faulty. Unfortunately, Microsoft hasn't withdrawn them.
You can hide the updates: see http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-hide-windows-updates-that-you-dont-want-to-.html

I'm running XP Pro, that link does not work for me security /updates does not allow me to hide these annoying updates that have also installed 3x with 0kb but it keeps comming Short of cancelling all updates what do I do?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

From http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/514829-how-do-you-hide-windows.html:

"All you have to do is uncheck the update you don't want to install and then the download button changes to a close button. After you hit close you are told that the unselected updates will NOT be installed then it gives you the option to never be notified of that update again."

---
Best wishes, HansV

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same exact problem with the same updates (KB2760411KB2760583, & KB2760588), but am running Win Vista Home Premium (32-bit)

I have supposedly successfully installed the updates at least three (3) times according to the information given Control Panel, System and Maintenance, Windows Update, View Update History but when I go to the Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features, Installed Updates (I never knew you could view the updates two different ways!!! HA!) the updates do not show up on the latter list.  I wonder why there's a difference?

I even saw some other updates that showed up in the Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features, Installed Updates that did not show up in Control Panel, System and Maintenance, Windows Update, View Update History  I think this is a serious issue, but could be wrong.  I just hope someone can fix it.

In the meantime, I'm going to try and hide these three (3) updates.

I wish Microsoft the best and hope they can come up with a fix soon!!!

My experience has been the same although I use Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit with Office 2007.  I will not hide these updates but I will install subsequent updates bypassing these if possible.  I assume MS will reintroduce these Office 20070 ecurity updates in the near future.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

For the last three days I have been receiving for updates via windows updates, one for office 2003 and three for 0ffice 2007 the updates are as follows :-   KB2760411, KB2760588 and KB2760583 for office 2007 and KB810048 for office 2003. Has anyone else come across this anomaly and if so can you tell me why this is happening and is it something that should be stopped.

Many thanks

Joffajon

Since you have Office 2003 installed I "assume" what you have is the 2007 compatibility pack installed along with office 2003. That is the configuration we have at my work. All six of the XP systems I patched have this problem now of re-offering the updates. I uninstalled them on all six systems
---------
On another note: My win7 x64 system at home has office 2007 student/teacher edition and also exhibited the problem. Rather than uninstall the patches I did a system restore back to Sept 9, 2013 with the intent of re-installing all BUT those three. Now all the office 2007 updates are offered again but NONE of the other non-office patches are offered any more. So there is possibly another problem with the Sept patch release.
jd

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 24, 2022 Views 1,947 Applies to: