Error code 0x518 when installing security update for office 2007

I have received an automated security update promt for 2007 Microsoft Office.  When I tried to install this, it failed.  I went to the update website and tried again and it failed.

I followed the instructions for a resolution but this took me to a solution that was not specific to my problem.  It did give me the error conde though - 0x518

When I tried to find  the solution on this forum by typing in the error code, it was not recognised - hence my question.

I am running XP with service pack 3.  I have run a repair on the office suite and tried to install the update with  the original disc in but this has failed too.

Any suggestions would be appreciated - thanks

Neil

Question Info

Last updated December 26, 2018 Views 1,085 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
On Tue, 25 May 2010 12:13:13 +0000, Neils43 wrote:

>
>
>I have received an automated security update promt for 2007 Microsoft Office. When I tried to install this, it failed. I went to the update website and tried again and it failed.
>
>I followed the instructions for a resolution but this took me to a solution that was not specific to my problem. It did give me the error conde though - 0x518
>
>When I tried to find the solution on this forum by typing in the error code, it was not recognised - hence my question.
>
>I am running XP with service pack 3. I have run a repair on the office suite and tried to install the update with the original disc in but this has failed too.
>
>Any suggestions would be appreciated - thanks
>
>Neil

Did you try to manually download the update and save it to your hard
disk? Run the update from your disk. Any luck?

Or do you have some security software running that is blocking the
installation of this update? Perform a clean boot and try to install
the update again.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353
--
Gérard

Gérard

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.