How do I remove the Outlook, Office, OneNote, etc. toolbar from MSN

The new MSN page irritates the heck out of me, especially the wasted space of a toolbar I have no use for and will never use.  Is there any way to remove that from the MSN page?  And why did they have to change the page anyway?  I hate this new one.

Question Info

Last updated December 3, 2018 Views 2,963 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

I understand that you don't need that toolbar in MSN homepage but as of now we don't have any option to completely remove that toolbar from MSN homepage. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. As I mentioned in my previous response please post a feedback regarding the same so that we can improve the functionalities in future. We always value our customers and these feedbacks are for bringing changes according to the customer's convenience.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
The new MSN page irritates the heck out of me, especially the wasted space of a toolbar I have no use for and will never use.  Is there any way to remove that from the MSN page?  And why did they have to change the page anyway?  I hate this new one.

I don't know how to remove it with IE. However, Firefox has two great add-ons, AddBlock Plus and its companion, Element Hiding Helper, that, when used in conjunction, will allow you to remove certain elements from MSN. I'm currently using it to block the Facebook, Twitter and Skype links from that "service stripe" as you can see:

Element Hiding Helper works by setting up filters to block unwanted items. Select the element you want to block, and AdBlock Plus blocks it for you thereafter. And if I should want to see the links to Facebook, Twitter or Skype for some reason, I just have to remove the filters from the list, or temporarily disable ABP with one simple click.

For myself, I'd consider blocking the service stripe entirely, but it has the only link to my Outlook e-mail on the MSN main page.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.