MSN Weather - Help Hub

If you have no issues with the MSN App for Windows Phone App but simply want to learn how to use the MSN Weather WP App, please go to MSN Weather Help

This Help hub page serves as a means for the MSN Weather Engineering team to also interact with our end users on issues they are encountering with the Apps and the Weather site on www.msn.com in addition to also communicating known issues.

Are you seeing inaccurate weather conditions in the MSN Weather App?

The MSN Weather team has received feedback from users of our Apps Windows & Windows Phone platform as well as the MSN Weather website  about inaccurate weather conditions being reported ranging from Incorrect location detection (Home or Current), Inaccurate Current conditions (precipitation, temperature, wind etc.) or Forecast issues. Thanks for the feedback - we appreciate it very much. We are working to improve the quality of the app from a functionality and data perspective.

This discussion forum has been created to enable two-way communication between the MSN Weather team and users of the MSN Weather app (Windows, Windows Phone) around data quality issues users are experiencing with the app. When reporting issues, please be sure to provide us details that will help us diagnose issues faster such as:

• User's Location (Current or Home)
  • Date of the Weather data anomaly.
  • Type of data issue - current conditions (temp, precipitation, wind) or forecast conditions
  • Version of OS (Windows, WP) on your device
  • Version of the app currently installed on the device

Discussion Info

Last updated July 23, 2019 Views 584,649 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Known Live tile / Lock screen issues 

1. If weather application is installed on SD card on your device, lock screen and live tile functionality may not work properly. Please reinstall the app on local storage for optimum performance for live tile and lock screen.

2. If live tile or lock screen stopped working after an app update, repining the tile should fix the issue. This is due to an issue in the underlying platform where it may lose track of tiles during update.

I have the Weather Gadget for Windows 7.  It stopped updating about 5 days ago.   Is it no longer updating?  If not, where can I get a reasonable replacement for it.   Is there an app now that I can locate to replace it or is it being fixed?   I love having it on my screen so I can just take a quick look to see what's going on and what's up for the next couple of days.  I've tried deleting it from my desktop and reading it.

I have the Weather Gadget for Windows 7.  It stopped updating about 5 days ago.   Is it no longer updating?  If not, where can I get a reasonable replacement for it.   Is there an app now that I can locate to replace it or is it being fixed?   I love having it on my screen so I can just take a quick look to see what's going on and what's up for the next couple of days.  I've tried deleting it from my desktop and reading it.

Thanks for reaching out to us. We (Microsoft) have already communicated users about serious vulnerabilities in Win7/Vista gadgets via  kb2719662  and other supportive windows articles (listed below).

One suggestion I have is for you to upgrade your Windows 7 device to Windows 8.1 (if possible). You can then use the Weather App that is preinstalled with the Win 8.1 OS to get Weather details.

Are you unable to update your MSN Weather app for Windows 8/8.1?

If you are seeing an issue where launching the MSN Weather application for Windows (8.0/8.1) is presenting you an update dialog but windows store shows update not available, then you are running into a known issue on a previously released version of the App. The mitigation for the issue is as follows:

• Uninstall the weather app from the your computer
  • Re-install it again from the windows store.

If you are still running in to issues, please reply to this forum with details like:

• Version of the OS
  • Version of the App
  • Are you signed in with a Microsoft Account
  • Device Specifics (Manufacturer, Model etc.)
Thanks for the info.  I really don't want to upgrade on this computer, so I really would like to find another solution cause I really liked this gadget.  Guess I'll check out to see if Weather Underground still has theirs.  Any other suggestions on where to find something similar? 
This Issue is regarding the MSN weather app for windowsphone. The weather maps section is absent in in th app. No matter which location i select the maps section is missing. here are some screenschots of the app on my lumia 925. as you can see there should be a maps section between "hourly" and favorites which is missing. The problem is specific to windowsphone devices, i am able to see weather maps on my Laptop running windows 8.1

Thanks for getting back to us. Can you please let us know the version of the WP App along with the OS version (WP 8.0 or WP 8.1 - appreciate the full version. Go to Settings->About -> More Info)? This will help us debug the issue effectively.

I am running the latest version of weather app. App version is 3.1.4.487. OS version is WP 8.1 with Lumia denim update
I am running the latest version of weather app. App version is 3.1.4.487. OS version is WP 8.1 with Lumia denim update

This is by design. We will enable support for India in upcoming versions of the WP App. Please keep the feedback coming.

I hope to see the weathers maps on WP app soon. But i am not able to understand how the same weather app on my windows 8.1 laptop in India shows the weather maps. Isn't the Weather a universal app?