Question

Q: MSN not Responding This thread is locked from future replies

I applied some service from Microsoft and when I am using IE 11 the browser locks up anytime I go into MSN.COM.  I get a message that MSN.COM is not responding and it gives me an option to recover the Web Page.  I did not have this problem until I installed these recent fixes.

I do have this problem when I access MSN.COM using Mozilla Firefox.  All other webpages work it's just the MSN.COM that locks up.

Answer

A:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, please provide the following details:

1. Does the issue occur only with MSN.com?
  2. Are you able to open other websites without any issues?
  3. Were there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?

If you are facing the issue only with MSN.com, you may follow these methods:

Method 1:

First, I would suggest you to refer to the section “Add or remove a site from a security zone” in the following article and try to add the website to Trusted sites:

Change security and privacy settings for Internet Explorer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/internet-explorer/ie-security-privacy-settings#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue is not resolved, refer to the article and follow the steps:

What to do when Internet Explorer stops working

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

If you have any further issues on the computer, please post your question related to Windows and we will be happy to help you.

Regards,
Anusha

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1435 Last updated: February 10, 2018 Applies to: