Months old headlines in top stories

I'd love to know why my homepage on MSN every now and then shows 2-3 Month old top stories when I open it,scroll down and even some of the other stories are the exact same thing I read at the same time as the "headlines"(old news)?When most of the other stories are Todays date.

Once I boot Tomorrow everything usually returns to their nominal operations!???

It doesn't happen often but always seems to indicate I have a virus somewhere even after only running;a few days,a new set up of my OS on my HDD and getting most if not all available updates!!! It also happens when I have no viruses or malware!!!Within days of formatting reinstalling my programs and files,making sure I have adequate protection and making sure I have everything updated along with my drivers.Which also seem to never update but a few.How in the heck can most drivers never update when almost all of my drivers are still from 2006??? It's 2015 knuckleheads!!!

If I go to the manufacturers site I see the real date of what my drivers should be and their latest versions,but if I use them some aren't compatable,why the hell is that if everything else is up to date!???

Even running full scans with 3 to 4 antvirus/malware programs one at a time.Including your own MSE or Windows Defender and Msert.Along with any other antivirus programs I have at the time that will download in safe mode trying to outwit any hackers,to check then uninstall,nothing ever shows.Clean PC or not!!!Which also tells Me I do indeed have an embedded virus.Even the best online,free,paid or trial versions always show no infection when I am indeed infected!  :/

I'm not about to buy a new PC just because it's outdated in 6 Months or less.My Father still has and runs an old TS-80 from over 30 years ago and it still works fine!!!

This BS happens sometime days months or if I'm lucky a year or more later!!!

I often wonder if MS is intentionally screwing up Peoples PC with their updates,because nothing goes awry until I get all available at any given time!MS had this problem fixed over 3 years ago and all of a sudden;I think because Windows 10 is about to come out,the problems have cropped up again exactly like they did right before 8 and 8.1 were released as well!!! I run much faster with not updating anything and IE8 with add ons than I do once I install SP1 and the rest of the available updates and IE 10 or 11 with almost the exact same add ons running!

It appears MS doesn't give a rats **** about us as Costumers only Consumers as someone else put it quite well.I will not be forced into buying anything I don't need,much less want a any given time.

This has never happened when I run a dual boot with the latest Linux based Ubuntu and run Wine to use Windows.But I have a 64 bit system and can not play my online games even on a virtual machine,so I'm forced to use Windows for them!!!

If Microsoft can ever get their act together and produce a Product that actually works without having to fix flaws and vulnerabilities EVERY MONTH,they could have a much better chance of selling even more and getting more of a share of the market than they even have now!

For the life if me I can not understand why almost everyone runs Windows which is always faulty somewhere in every one of their OSs!

People are stupid,individuals are smart.So you may be fooling most of the people but not some of us with all the BS you push on the Public!

Get your act together and stop selling broken products just to meet a deadline please.I'm so sick of having to fix my PC every so often because of all the BS Microsoft can not ,for the life of them,get right the first time!!! :P

4.5 Years of Windows 7Home Premium x64 on my own PC and nothing but headaches,I'm about done with anything Windows pushes out! Windows 10 is Microsofts' last chance with me and I'm done for good. It had better indeed be 100% free of charge as promised,not just the OS,then having to PAY for the activation key like MS lied to me about getting 8.1 totally free of charge for screwing up my old HDD only to find I had to buy the activation key,pure BS and lies from you People!!!

Nothing you say or do so far proves to me that you as a whole can be trusted!!!

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

I thought I was crazy at first but the exact same thing has happened to me. I had a malfunction I couldn't fix so I reinstalled everything. My MSN homepage is showing me stories as far back as January. What's really weird is some of them are even in a different language , I have no idea how to get TODAY'S news. Only articles I've read in the last few months. Anybody know what the solution is?

phantom

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

LOL :)  I think OMG I've gone through a time warp every time I see this BS! Check Todays date and time on My PC,Clock and Cell Phone. ;) lol

But I managed to fix this by simply clearing my internet cache! :/ It only had 2 days information too which I have it set as too but it hadn't cleared it yet. :P

Sorry for the rant folks!!! But yet another Two minute fix which took an hour or longer of sifting through the BS links or wrong fixes before finally figuring out,perhaps I just need to clear my cache! HA!!! :)

Still upset with all the other shineola I go through every day before I can relax and enjoy some me time online or not. ;) I checked your link,I had the exact same headline as the first one.lol ;)

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated December 13, 2023 Views 2,367 Applies to: