Xbox Account Permanently Suspended

Hello, I am posting to this forum in regards to my other account being permanently suspended.  The other day, I logged onto Xbox LIVE only to find out that my account has been banned.  The message stated that more information has been sent to my email.  After checking my email, I saw that my account had been suspended due to "marketplace theft".  I was confused and did not know why I would be accused of this.  I quickly got on the phone with Xbox Support and asked them why my account has been permanently suspended.  They told me that they had no further information and said that everything would have to be dealt with the Policy & Enforcement Team.  After reading the absurdity of what I was being accused of, I noticed that the only way of actually contacting the Enforcement Team was to be confined to a single window that only grants a short response.  With a limited amount of characters, I sent whatever response I could.  It wasn't until a day later that I received a response accusing me of further misdemeanor.  It said that my account had been permanently suspended for “attempts to defraud Xbox Support”.  At first, I had no idea what this meant.  After looking up the definition of "defraud", I was offended that this word has any association with me.  Defraud means to illegally obtain money from someone by deception.  In the past, I have called Xbox Support several times to resolve ongoing issues.  Initially, the representatives were unable to help me, so I was persistent in finding a resolution.  I do not understand how I could have done anything illegal to cause my account to be suspended.  There were several specific reasons that I felt it necessary to contact Xbox Support and have them properly handle my account.  It was very time consuming to follow through with the resolutions of my issues, but I did receive partial satisfaction of the outcomes.  Here is a list of the events that transpired:

1. Did Not Receive Promotional Game Add On Offer: I had called numerous times in attempt to receive the Halo 3 ODST DLC that was promised by 343 Industries to all players who played the game, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, between the dates of November 11, 2014 and December 19, 2014.  This promotion was offered due to the game being excessively buggy.  It was my understanding that 343 Industries wanted to give back to the community in the form of a free DLC whether they experienced these issues or not, as long as they played the game between the dates listed.  Even though I was eligible to receive this promotion, I had not received it.  In question, I called Xbox Support numerous times, and each time I got different responses. Some said that there was nothing they could do to resolve this issue.  Some told me to contact 343 Industries, but did not have any contact information.  Others told me to post to the forums so they could review and investigate my issue and hopefully have a resolution.  I had been trying to resolve this issue for over two and half months and finally, after posting to the forums for the fifth time, I got a response saying that they had a code for me.
  2. Received Compensation: I had received a one-month Xbox LIVE membership token after contacting Xbox Support.  The representative granted me this token since there was nothing else she could do and wanted to compensate me for all of my troubles and the time that it took to make numerous phone calls.  This happened one conversation prior to actually receiving the redeemable code from another representative who assisted me on the forums.  It was this phone call that led me to attempt to try to post to the forums for the fifth time in hopes that I would receive what was promised to me.
  3. Improper Funds In My Account: I checked my current balance of the funds that were in my account.  I noticed that some credit had expired from my account.  I was upset to discover this, so I called Xbox Support and they said that the credit expired for not using it within the date that it was valid for.  I asked them if they could reinstate me this credit since I was planning to preorder Black Ops III with it.  The representative responded and said that he would speak to his supervisor.  He came back with an answer and said that he would just add $15 worth of credit to my account.  I responded with much appreciation and was content that I would once again be able to use this credit towards preordering Black Ops III.

Other than these listed phone calls and online communications, I have no clue as to why I was accused of doing something illegal.  I still have no idea how my account was suspended. These were the only things that I can think of that may have led to my account being suspended.  I do not see anything illegal in what I did.  I did not find it necessary for Microsoft to suspend my account for suspicions of the claims of the Enforcement Team.  I do not find it right that my 1-year Xbox LIVE membership had been removed considering that I had paid $60 for it.  I also do not find it fair that all of my licenses associated with purchases I made on the Xbox LIVE marketplace, have been revoked considering that I paid for them.  I even read the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use.  It states, "Your Content. Many of our Services allow you to store or share Your Content or receive material from others. We don’t claim ownership of Your Content. Your Content remains Your Content and you are responsible for it."  I strongly feel that I am being falsely accused and find it unfair to have my account suspended for actions that I simply did not commit.  I am hoping that the suspension on my account will be lifted considering that I did nothing wrong.  I would also like to note that I have already tried contacting the Policy & Enforcement Team, and have not received a response.  I would really appreciate it if someone else could look into this.  Thank you for consideration and I will patiently await your response.

My suspended account is: CattierPoet8863

Sincerely,

CattierPoet8863

Hello EnticingHail993,

Thank you for the forum entry.

I will get that reviewed, however the best option is to contact that department.

The ban is placed only on those account where an issue occurs.

I can't guaranty any results but I will forward that.

Kind Regards,

Vasile M. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Take a look over on the Xbox Support forums, http://forums.xbox.com.  This thread in particular details the steps you need to take, http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_360_support/f/41/t/2023560.aspx

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Take a look over on the Xbox Support forums, http://forums.xbox.com.  This thread in particular details the steps you need to take, http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_360_support/f/41/t/2023560.aspx
Hello, I appreciate your advice, but the link provided brings me exactly to where I first started.  After submitting a case review, they either approve or deny your account being unsuspended.  My attempt in trying to have my account unsuspended was denied, and so I proceeded to write that detailed letter.  I have posted the letter to the Xbox forums and still have not received a response.  Since there is no direct way of contacting the Xbox Policy & Enforcement Team, I am hoping that my issue can be further looked into.  Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got banned and i really don't deserve it can i please have my account back, i really don't it says i was cheating/ modding in a game thats old it was Call of Duty World at War. Please let me have my account back.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 27, 2022 Views 1,989 Applies to: