Movies & TV App Android & iOS

So its 2020 and its insane microsoft does not have a Movies & TV app. I feel like piggybacking on the movies anywhere playform was a quick way out of it.

I purchase all my content on my xbox like movies and all. But theres so many things NOT available on movoes anywhere like Rick & Morty season 1-4. Theres quite a bit of movies too. So i have to only buy movies available on movies anywhere so that way I can connect my google movies app to it and then I can stream kovies from my phone to smart TV's when i go camping or to other peoples peoples houses.

Is Microaoft actually going to make the app on Android/Iphone or is it not going to happen becUze they only want you to be able to do that on microsoft branded tablets/surface devices to puah people to buy those?

Not sure why this hasnt been made possible, there has to be a a reason behind that. Just saying what others wish. 

It actually just encourages people to not buy movies and tv shows through mictosoft at all and stick to itunes or buying right through google.

Like right now I buy all my movies on the google store. It sticks to my account just like microsoft, except I can download all my movies and plah anywhere, or i can hop on the youtube app from my phone and cast the movie to any smart tv or device. If microsoft came out with a movies and tv app I would buy exclusively through microsoft and can just easily play off my xbox, any computer, or watch or cast from my phone from anywhere.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Reply In reply to deleted message

bump

bump

How about we figure this out since the XBOX or a PC is the only way I can push this to my 55" 4k TV.  Sad I can't get a version for my Roku for my iOS device or Android Device.  I have to go to my man cave and unplug my XBOX to watch a movie "rented" or not part of moviesanywhere.  This deters me every day now.  I used to buy movies but there is so much content I can't have on moviesanywhere that forces me to buy elsewhere.  Xbox is always doing sales but you are STUCK with their 1 app that can only be used on a windows device.

Get with EVERY OTHER digital provider and make a universal app.  Roku, Prime, Apple, VUDU, etc all have apps on XBOX and on Andoird/iOS no one seems to care.  get with the program Microsoft.  Stop forcing us in to 1 device to watch a digital movie.

65 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Totally agree with your sentiment and to add to the discussion I recently bought an ipad as I found myself purchasing more and more films from iTunes which I use to watched on a now dead Windows laptop and I was amazed to find a Google play movies app for ipad so if Google and Apple can play nicely on the movie front then  why can't Microsoft. 

31 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately I have a feeling that Movies and TV might go the way of their ebook platform. Microsoft under Nadella has no problem partnering with VUDU or Amazon to provide films through xbox and pc... look what they did with Alexa in Windows 10 and Xbox. Which is a shame I used to buy EVERYTHING through the microsoft store when Windows Mobile was around... Love the platform but what are they doing

34 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 12,268 Applies to: