Can't Download Movie - No rights...

Been trying to download my Xbox Movie Collection to my laptop so I can watch online, One movie though won't download, The Dark Knight Rises...

All other movies have downloaded fine, others I have also downloaded more times than this particular move. The problem has persisted past the service alerts for Purchase and usage blah blah....

The other thing is there is not only is it any where clear that there is a limit to the number of downloads per movie. It took me a few days of hunting around to find out that there is a limit of 5. But also once you have purchased a movie, there is no way to re-purchase it to download again.

I'm positively sure I have not downloaded it 5 times also. 3  at the very most.

Answer
Answer

Hello KieranJeffery:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issues you are having downloading this one movie.  I have seen reports of this issue with various customers.  In most cases this means that the content was download the maximum number of times.  In other cases it has been related to issues with the license associated with your account.

When it comes to the licenses associated with your account there are two primary things I have seen.

1. The content you purchased is no loner on the marketplace.  That can be that it was fully removed or the version you purchased was removed and replaced with another version.  I have seen this in cases where the standard version is replaced with a director's cut or version with bonus content.
  2. The original license was applied through the Zune software and is not properly recognized by the Xbox Music application. 

With that said, the first thing I would suggest you try is to install the Zune software on your computer and try to download this movie via the Zune software.  You can install the Zune software here, http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27163 .  If this works this should give you at least an option to view this video when offline.

You are correct that once a video is purchased it cannot be purchased a second time, unless you are able to find an alternate copy of the movie on the Store.  If you purchased this in SD you may be able to change to the HD version and buy this. 

If none of the above leads to any progress the only other thing I can suggest at this time is to contact chat support.  They may have some options to explore with you.  They can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  You can contact them here, https://support.live.com/default.aspx?productKey=oepzunechat&locale=en-us&st=1&wfxredirect=1 .

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 27, 2022 Views 1,616 Applies to: