Xbox Preview App Update - Groove Music version 3.6.2381/3.6.2394/3.6.2395

All of the goodness of the universal Groove Music app came to Xbox One last night for people in the Xbox Preview program. We're thrilled to have brought support for background audio!! Hope you enjoy it! You'll also find Your Groove, a rich Explore experience, and all the other things you've previously come to love about Groove on Windows devices. The new universal app doesn't have music videos just yet. We know how much you love videos and will bring them back as soon as we can. 

Look for version 3.6.2381 on your console the next time you fire it up! Along with bringing the universal app to the console, we added a few things to the universal app in the last few weeks:  

• Check out the new focus on genres in Explore. You can now see curated playlists, new releases, best new songs, top albums, and top artists...all by GENRE!! Available in US, UK, FR, CA, and DE.   

• Radio stations show up in Recent Plays in Your Groove. 

• You can check out which artists are included in a playlist in Explore more easily now because they are highlighted when you click on a playlist.   

• You can give feedback on playlists in Your Groove with a thumbs up or thumbs down. You can also mute specific songs in a Your Groove playlist if you don’t want to hear it anymore. Muted songs will be excluded when you play that playlist later or save a copy to your collection.    

• Introduced landmarks in Groove to reduce tabs when using Narrator. 

As always, many thanks for your support. We appreciate it. Jump into the Xbox Preview Dashboard app and let us know what you think about the app!

Thanks,

The Groove Music Team

-------------------------------

Updates:

[08/18/16] We just sent this version to production. Background audio for everyone!!!!!

[08/16/16] A small update to this payload is being released. You'll see version 3.6.2395 on your Xbox One consoles soon.

[08/12/16] A small update to this payload is being released. You'll see version 3.6.2394 on your Xbox One consoles soon.

Discussion Info

Last updated June 5, 2019 Views 3,288 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

All of the goodness of the universal Groove Music app came to Xbox One last night for people in the Xbox Preview program. We're thrilled to have brought support for background audio!! Hope you enjoy it! You'll also find Your Groove, a rich Explore experience, and all the other things you've previously come to love about Groove on Windows devices. The new universal app doesn't have music videos just yet. We know how much you love videos and will bring them back as soon as we can. 

Look for version 3.6.2381 on your console the next time you fire it up! Along with bringing the universal app to the console, we added a few things to the universal app in the last few weeks:  

• Check out the new focus on genres in Explore. You can now see curated playlists, new releases, best new songs, top albums, and top artists...all by GENRE!! Available in US, UK, FR, CA, and DE.   

• Radio stations show up in Recent Plays in Your Groove. 

• You can check out which artists are included in a playlist in Explore more easily now because they are highlighted when you click on a playlist.   

• You can give feedback on playlists in Your Groove with a thumbs up or thumbs down. You can also mute specific songs in a Your Groove playlist if you don’t want to hear it anymore. Muted songs will be excluded when you play that playlist later or save a copy to your collection.    

• Introduced landmarks in Groove to reduce tabs when using Narrator. 

As always, many thanks for your support. We appreciate it. Jump into the Xbox Preview Dashboard app and let us know what you think about the app!

Thanks,

The Groove Music Team

You could bring music vídeos to Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile app as well. I would love it =) And I guess a lot of people would love it too.

Jag kan starkt rekomendera Grove musik

pf

My issue with Groove is that after all of the time and energy reviewing the functions of "new build" (updated versions of windows, When 10 was released, it was offered ith a 30-day free trial, and then the pricing model kicked in....so one is either forced to buy the groove service, or abandon the app altogether!  I think that if I ; and others, had their druthers, they would prefer to remain Windows/ Google purists...but all of the nickel and diming for apps to do so is frustrating and expensive!!!!!!!!!

I do; however, LOVE the new format for the new grammar and spelling function!  I only wish that a text color change option were available.

Michael A Gencur

And thats even more features NOT coming to sweden.. great, thanks M$

Biggest thing is however that Groove is useless (yes, useless) untill they fix playlists and song and playlist-management like changing order in playlists, adding a song to "play next/queing" with other basic features that EVERY other service provides. Ofcause curated playlists are great but really, the biggest reason for me, and probably a lot of other people, for not using groove is how lacking it is in basic features.

Claes W

Fantastic work team,

Job well done. I recommend going back to branding XBOX Music. In other words, rename Groove music to Xbox music.

i love this

pf

That is great. Wonderful timing, with Forza 3 available in 5 hrs I wont be stuck with their garbage thump thump "music" soundtrack, now I can drive 200 mph with with grinding noise blasting as intended. Same goes for Madden. and other EA games.

Thank you. I have been wanting a good bgm program for console for yrs now. thanks again.

Sounds good, but what about the p.c., and MS phones? (they are integrated) XBOX Music for p.c.? Maybe just MS music, or back to media? 
Looks like the latest Groove version removes Music Videos - is there any effort to return this feature?
Errors 0x800803 and 0xc00d36c3 Can't sign in on Groove on the Xbox one.  Other app work fine.  I already tried reinstalling Groove and rebooting the Xbox.  No luck.