Sync Problems with Groove Music on Windows 10 Mobile

Hello,

I've updated Groove on my PC with some additional music (from the store using my pass & Onedrive). I've also created new playlists. Now I've checked the web browser version and it has synced and plays all okay however no matter what I do on the mobile app it won't sync. I've tried deleting the local content, removing the battery and soft resets. I've also tried the Sync my collection option within settings however everytime I do this after a few seconds it says 'Unable to Sync'. I'm using a Lumia 950XL and version 3.6.1577.0. of Groove if that helps.

Any suggestions?

Cheers :).
|

You've found the other threads on this by now, but this is an issue that a lot of folks are having.  You can check out 'groove sync' searches or similar here and in places like the Windows Central.com forums.

Hopefully MSFT will address this when they come back from their December off.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hopefully MSFT will address this when they come back from their December off.

I hope you aren't serious that Microsoft is taking December off. I've spent hours over the last week trying to resolve this issue on my phone? Am I wasting time on my vacation? Is this problem unfixable until MS developers get back to work in January?

To summarize, I recently purchased a Lumia 950. All was well on my phone for my Music Pass, Purchases, and OneDrive collection, at least until I added a 128G SD card. I mistakenly transferred all of my music to the card, which wouldn't have been a problem, except for the fact that my collection is a mess thanks to migration from Zune to xBox Music to Groove, cloud matching (that was a mistake).

As I took the last few days to finally start deleting duplicate files that Microsoft was gracious enough to download (over 400 duplicate albums), I notice that the results didn't extend to my phone.  In fact, my phone has not updated it's music database in quite some time.

Sorry for the rant, but clearly multiple people are having issues, and MS doesn't seem eager to fix them. In another thread, it was suggested that a hard reset was the solution. That is ridiculous. Why can't I delete the Groove app and reinstall it?

Whew! Merry Christmas.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

They are currently pushing out a new firmware version for the 950 series that purports to have some fixes around SD cards.  That said, I don't think anyone in the US has gotten it yet on the AT&T 950 and the unlocked 950 XL based on what I've seen in the forums.

Add to that, Groove has additional problems with not knowing when to re-interrogate for file system level changes so you get 'orphaned' UI entries that have been deleted at the file system level and no updates on new items added.  It's a disappointing mess for many folks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 29, 2020 Views 912 Applies to: