Xbox Music Collection wont appear on my Windows Phone 8 (Lumia 920) device.
I added some Albums wich I previously buyed on iTunes to the Music-App on my Win8 Pro Desktop PC. They successfully matched to the Xbox Music Cloud ("Radio-Icon") and I can listen (stream) the Music on my Win8 Pro Notebook and Surface Tablet. I also buyed two Songs on the Xbox Music Store, and they also apear on Surface, Laptop and PC.
BUT on my Windows Phone 8 (Lumia 920) only the two Songs I have buyed in the Xbox Store will apear. Not the other Songs I added. Than I created a Playlist with the two buyed songs from Xbox Store, and some other songs wich matched sucessfully. The playlist apears on my Phone, but just with one of that two xbox store songs lol?! On the other device (Surface, Laptop) I can play this playlist normally with all songs I've added on the Desktop-PC to the music collection.
This is how my devices are configured:
- All devices I own (PC, Laptop, Surface, Lumia 920) are connected with the same Microsoft Account.
- On ALL devices (including win phone) the Xbox Music Cloud and the Music Collection is enabled.
- On my Xbox Account where I can manage the Music devices, all my four devices are listed correctly
- Music wich I have imported to the Music-App, are correctly matched and added to Cloud (radio icon)
- ALL devices have the latest windows updates, and the latest app-updates installed
- I have NO XBox Music Pass subscription (just the "free version")
- I'm livin in germany, if this matters...
What can I do that my Music Collection will appear on my WIndows Phone 8 device in the Xbox Music app?
It would be nice if someone from Microsoft could answer to this, because it seems that MANY people have this problem (just search google) and no sollution. is this a bug?