Songs from Xbox Music Collection wont show up on Windows Phone 8 Music App

Hello.

Xbox Music Collection wont appear on my Windows Phone 8 (Lumia 920) device.

I added some Albums wich I previously buyed on iTunes to the Music-App on my Win8 Pro Desktop PC. They successfully matched to the Xbox Music Cloud ("Radio-Icon") and I can listen (stream) the Music on my Win8 Pro Notebook and Surface Tablet. I also buyed two Songs on the Xbox Music Store, and they also apear on Surface, Laptop and PC.

BUT on my Windows Phone 8 (Lumia 920) only the two Songs I have buyed in the Xbox Store will apear. Not the other Songs I added. Than I created a Playlist with the two buyed songs from Xbox Store, and some other songs wich matched sucessfully. The playlist apears on my Phone, but just with one of that two xbox store songs lol?! On the other device (Surface, Laptop) I can play this playlist normally with all songs I've added on the Desktop-PC  to the music collection.

This is how my devices are configured:

- All devices I own (PC, Laptop, Surface, Lumia 920) are connected with the same Microsoft Account.

- On ALL devices (including win phone) the Xbox Music Cloud and the Music Collection is enabled.

- On my Xbox Account where I can manage the Music devices, all my four devices are listed correctly

- Music wich I have imported to the Music-App, are correctly matched and added to Cloud (radio icon)

- ALL devices have the latest windows updates, and the latest app-updates installed

- I have NO XBox Music Pass subscription (just the "free version")

- I'm livin in germany, if this matters...

What can I do that my Music Collection will appear on my WIndows Phone 8 device in the Xbox Music app?

It would be nice if someone from Microsoft could answer to this, because it seems that MANY people have this problem (just search google) and no sollution. is this a bug?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Same problem here.  Any music I have bought from Microsoft appears on my phone, but other music I have matched on my Win8 laptop does not appear on my Lumia 920.  Wonder if anything to do with the fact that I'm syncing with a corporate Exchange server with some security policies.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Same problem here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

same problem as well.  i wasted my free month xbox music pass thinking it would fix it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

same problem as well.  i wasted my free month xbox music pass thinking it would fix it.

do you are using exchange / corporate email on your device?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here on my HTC 8X.  The whole collection showed up.  I tried the Music Pass, and then I discontinued it.  When my subscription ran out, all the music from the cloud collection was gone.  I can still see music that I bought on the Xbox music store, but no cloud collection.  I can see the collection fine on a Windows 8 or RT device.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem with my Lumia 920 and my Xbox One.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem, Xbox one, Xbox music annual pass, Nokia Lumia 928 & 920.

I can't get my complete Xbox playlists on my phone with no explanation as to why.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the detailed info - it helps a lot.

Only Windows 8 and the web site provide the free Xbox Music Pass access you mention. As noted on www.xbox.com/music: "Xbox Music gives you access to millions of songs to stream for free with Windows 8 and on the web at music.xbox.com."

Without an Xbox Music Pass the only songs that will appear in the cloud collection are songs you purchased from the Xbox Music store. If you had an Xbox Music Pass and cancelled the subscription, access to any songs that were not purchased will also be cancelled.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Microsoft Surface Team
support.microsoft.com/surface

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Greg, thanks for taking a stab at this.  Let me clarify my subscription, hardware and usage a little further.  I am a music junkie:

2012 and earlier:

ZunePass Annual Membership (with 10 song purchase option)

Hardware: Zune HD, Zune 16GB, Win7 with Zune Software, Xbox 360  (bold = authorized)

How used: Xbox 360 Music Playlists and Zune Playlists do not overlap.  Use Zune Playlist for portable playlist needs.  Use Xbox 360 Music Playlists for Xbox playlist needs.  two separate music ecosystems. sync music every 30 days via cable to refresh non-purchased subscription rights on the Zune hardware.

2013:

transitioned to Xbox Annual Music Pass (no lapse in subscription)

Hardware: Lumia 920, Lumia 928, Zune 16GB, Win8.1 Surface RT, Win7 Laptop, Win7Desktop, Xbox One, Xbox 360 (bold = authorized)

How used: still use Win 7 Laptop and  Zune software for Zune 16GB via USB cable no issues here.

I use my Lumia 920 for exercise, on an airplane without wifi, and overseas (China) without dataplan.  I download songs so I can listen when in airplane mode or overseas.  The issue is Playlists.  My complete Xbox Music Playlists do not show or download 100% of the Xbox Music Playlist songs to my Lumia 920, and I don't know why.

Another unrelated question is how do I get my ripped music collection of non-Xbox Music pass artists such as the Beatles, or AC/DC (currently on my Windows 7 Desktop and syncd via USB to my Lumia 920) to appear for play on my Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Lumia 920?

Thanks,

Rob

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think everybody understands THAT one cannot stream ripped music without platinum xbox membership. The question is WHY, or rather: why did MS implement such a sucky business model (typical xbox btw) that even defies purpose.

Because what sense does it make to have people happily rip their CDs and stream the albums they would get via the xbox music pass anyway - and make them disappear if one - like me - decides that music flatrates supersaturate the ears? There should at least be an option similar to what Amazon offers, where one can store and stream ripped music at about 2$ per month.

The way I is I am undecided between Itunes and Amazon Cloud Player - or dropping this whole music in the cloud thing and resume ripping CDs and copying music to device.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2017 Views 2,641 Applies to: