Remove album art from Groove Music

ok i accidentally loaded an image into the "Unknown album" album and i want to remove the image so it's blank...

***Modified title from: groove Music album art problem***

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to remove album art from an album. As of now, we don’t have the option to remove the album art directly from the Groove Music app. However, we can try removing the data from the Cache folder of Groove music and check if that helps in removing the album art. To remove the Cache follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Close Groove music app.

2. Press and hold Windows + E key to open Explorer.

3. Now, navigate to the location: C:\Users\<Username>\Appdata\Packages\ Microsoft.ZuneMusic_[random string/hash]\LocalState

Note: If you are unable to find the Appdata folder, you might have to enable the hidden items. To enable hidden items click on View tab in Explorer and click on the check box beside Hidden items.

4. Now, open ImageStore folder and delete the file that has the thumbnail of the album art.

5. Restart the computer.

If the above steps didn’t help, I suggest you to provide your valuable feedback in the Feedback hub so that our development team can review your suggestions. To provide your feedback, please refer to the article Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 31, 2024 Views 6,135 Applies to: