Playing Onedrive music on iphone

All my grove music is available on my onedrive on my iphone but how do I play all songs on an album rather than one song at a time

Hi Alfred - you're the second person to ask about OneDrive in the last few days... Annoyingly the OneDrive section of this forum has been locked so you cannot ask there. Most regular posters here (me included) do not use OneDrive - and iPhone help is not available here either.

I have no idea how they interact, but I do use iTunes for Windows on my PC to link that to my iPad. I also use Google Play Music which is free online storage for your whole music library and you can play or download albums for offline playback from there with no problem. That may be a better option as it is a player rather than just a storage facility. You'll need to open an account from your PC (free) and download the mobile app to your iPhone.

Details here.... https://play.google.com/store

You could try the iTunes forums but because you're between MS and Apple that may be short on answers too.... Hope you can resolve one way or another! - R.

Edit - Additionally you can try accessing OneDrive help as linked in Bill's answer here...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/feedback/forum/fdbk_commsite-feedback_other/why-onedrive-forum-is-locked/6482cf9b-b40b-479c-8dbf-5dc098f8e8d1

No longer active in this community from July 2018 - Regards to all - RW

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there, AlfredBertoline

Welcome to the Microsoft Community forums.

OneDrive only acts as a storage space that Groove Music App accesses and plays the songs on there. I am not familiar with the Groove Music App on iPhones. However I know on my Windows Phone, any songs it plays from OneDrive, it just moves to the next one after it has finished the current song.

Can you see all of your songs listed in the Groove App and OneDrive?

Regards,

Volunteer Moderator | Xbox Ambassador | Article Author | Windows & Xbox Insider

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Nathan:

Thanks for your response.  Yes, I can see all the songs on the album in my OneDrive but when I hit play on the first song, it plays that song and stops.  There is no "play all" button.  I have to manually hit play on each song I want to hear.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, AlfredBertoline

Thanks for the reply

Are you playing the songs in OneDrive?

Regards,

Volunteer Moderator | Xbox Ambassador | Article Author | Windows & Xbox Insider

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 13, 2021 Views 2,525 Applies to: