How do I change the state/region on my Windows Phone 7.5?

I bought my phone (April 2011) in Greece (Vodafone). In order to access the Marketplace, since there was not the possibility to declare the state/region "Greece", I chose the region "United Kingdom". Two weeks ago my phone software was updated to Mango. Meanwhile (and after that) I have downloaded various apps, always "free". Recently I tried to download a "paid" application, but it was impossible to declare my (greek) credit card. Zune insists in reading it as "invalid". I know that I can obtain a new liveID and reset my phone, but I do not want to lose all my data. Is there any other solution? I just want to declare my credit card and buy. . .
Answer
Answer

Hello GEORGE SK,

Thank you for posting in the forum!

It's the location of the primary Windows Live ID you have set on your phone that counts. Please go to the Zune software on your computer sign in and in Settings=> Account=> Summary=> Personal Info=> Contact Info and check which country do you have set for your Windows Live ID. If it's UK then, you will be able to access UK Marketplace and purchase media content as long as you enter a UK credit card on that account. To access the greek marketplace, you will have to create a greek Zune account with a greek credit card associated and add that account as primary on the phone.

If you want to change the primary account on your phone, you will have to restore the phone to default settings and start the initial setup process again.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Best regards,

Benedito D.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2017 Views 627 Applies to: