Zune Hub in WP7 wont update background and live icon

Hi!

So i was looking at some Windows Phone 7 reviews on youtube, and i saw that the live Zune Hub icon showed a picture of artists played by the owner of the phone, it also appears as a background inside the Zune app.

So i researched a little and learned that, i need to allow connection to Zune marketplace from Configuration->Applications->Music+Video.

But when i reach that screen, it only shows a link that reads "Zune Account Configuration", which links me to Zune's account configuration webpage.

My questions are:

1.- How can i solve this, so i can configure the marketplace connection properly and my phone can download artists pictures and get my Zune hub to look "cool".

2.- Could it be a problem related to my country?, currently my account is set to Mexico (which i understand has Zune Marketplace support, but i might be mistaken)

It would be great if someone from Microsoft could clarify this situation.

Thanks in advance

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2017 Views 2,791 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hey again!

I finally discovered what was going on.

Apparently, The marketplace for Windows Phone 7 work as 2 separate marketplaces, 1 marketplace for Apps and 1 marketplace for Music. So while i had complete access with no problems to the App marketplace, my account couldn't connect to the Music marketplace (which is where the phone gets the artists backgrounds, bio discography etc.

So my hotmail account (msn passport account) was set to Mexico at the moment i opened and linked my Zune account and now both are set to Mexico, which is a huge problem because in Mexico there is only App marketplace but no Music marketplace.

So there you go, thats why i couldn't =(

But anyways, i opened a Us account just to check if this was the problem, and there you go!, i got the backgrounds info and the cool Music+Video icon =D

The problem with this, is that the first Msn/hotmail account you set up and synchronize with the telephone becomes undeletable, and even if you synchronyze another Msn/Hotmail account, every MSN service stays linked with the first one. This made neccesary to perform a hard reset to delete the account and the "syncing". After the reset and reboot while at the initial setup, i set the US account to sync with the phone and then added the Mexican account.

Problem Solved!

I wonder why they dont allow to change the country localization for the Zune accounts... it would've been a lot easier :P. Apparently Microsoft doesn't foresees that people migrates :P

Thanks for your help Travelor, its much apreciated =D

Greetings

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.