Zune Software Sign-In [Error Code C00D11B2 (800C2EE2)]

Over the last few days, I've noticed that my Zune software seems to be unable to sign in to Windows Live ID. This has me a bit worried that Microsoft may have pulled the plug on DRM support a few months earlier than they announced they would (as of March 2017).

So here's what happens. The Zune software is supposed to automatically sign in when it's fired up. It doesn't. So I attempt to sign in manually. I get a note that says, "There's no Zune account for this Windows Live ID. Sign in with a different email/password combination or create a new Zune account using this ID."

Of course, that's wrong. I have a Zune account, err, well, I suppose it's now a Groove account. Same difference. So I punch it in again. Then, something different happens. A box labelled "Zune Account Info" pops up, with text reading, "To complete your sign-in we need to collect a bit of additional information. Click Next to provide the necessary information and customize your Zune account." As if I'm a new user. Okay, fine. I click next.

The software whirs like it's in the process of setting up a new account or supplementing it with new info. But then, failure. "Sign-up Error. Can't create your account. Error Code C00D11B2 (800C2EE2)." Text there suggests that there might be a firewall or other issue, preventing the software from accessing the Zune account information.

Here's what worries me: the possibility that the real issue here is that Microsoft is shutting off whatever server the Zune software normally accesses when logging someone on. Certainly there can't be a networking issue on my end. I haven't installed any new firewall software lately. The error is the same whether I attempt to login from home or from my university. So my question: are other unreconstructed Zune users like me out there running into this same issue? 
P.S. Microsoft, I really miss the days when everything related to the Zune platform worked. It'd be great to have the Marketplace and Social back, but I realize they aren't returning. I'm not talking about that, though. I'm just talking about error codes within the software linking to still existing pages. Sigh...

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same issue. I am able to sign into my microsoft account but not Zune software.

What's up Microsoft? It would be nice to be informed of these changes before they happen.

Perhaps I could move to on and stop using Microsoft all together.

Have a nice day.

KK

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My Zune software won't sign in either, but what's worse is that neither will my Windows 8.1 Xbox Music app and my Windows Phone 8.1 Music app won't stream anymore either.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem, same Sign-Up Error screen as posted by misbegottenone. I have a Zune Pass subscription account up until Feb. 2017 and I can use the same user name and password I've always used to log into account.live.com and Groove music app, just not the Zune software.

I have a Windows 10 Home computer. I'd been using Zune 4.8 to successfully sync with a few Zune players, downloading and playing DRM music from the Marketplace. The only problem I've had is not being able to stream music in the Zune software until I download the track.

I have tried a great many things. I've uninstalled Zune software twice. Before installing a second time, I removed all Zune in the Zune registry area mentioned in the following linked forum thread, to which I've also been contributing. I also restored the FeaturesOverride DWORD entries specified in the article (started April 28 with some recent posts):

Zune Marketplace disappeared today (Microsoft Community forum thread)

I removed all Protected DRM tracks. (Not sure why 25% of my tracks were in that category. Perhaps they were no longer offered on the Marketplace.) I can log into Groove music app and download tracks there. I just can't sync with my Zune players through that app. I can also log into Groove web app.

I contacted Microsoft tech support by chat, but got nowhere after an hour. The idea was that I was notified (has it been a little over a year?) that Zune support was ending and that I should be happy it lasted as long as it did. I'm not convinced it's over. Perhaps a server is down.

If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful. I'm sure it's a matter of time that my Zunes, loaded with DRM music, will stop playing them as invalidly licensed tracks, all because I can no longer sync. I've tried about everything else I could find -- firewall settings, restarting some Zune services, even rolling back Windows updates.

By the way, I've turned off automatic updates, and as far as I know I've never had the Windows 10 Anniversary update which I understand interferes with DRM and Zune function. Any ideas? Post here.

By the way, perhaps we need a different thread, as the error cited in the thread title is different, and the title doesn't match (Sign-Up Error, not Sign-In Error).

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

UPDATE: I tried logging into Zune app on another Windows 10 computer I have run it on in the past and was successful, so the problem lies with the original PC or its Zune installation -- either an update or corruption or bad registry key. I'm going to do some more research then report back. I had to remove the original PC as an authorized computer before the new one was able to download tracks as part of the subscription.

The new PC did not have ANY updates installed as far as I can tell. (I've been trying to turn off updates, since I heard they may break Zune.)

On the new computer, after adding back the FeaturesOverride DWORDS in the registry described in the other linked thread, I was able to download tracks from the Marketplace again. I have not tried syncing my Zunes but feel pretty confident.

I've read elsewhere that Groove/Music Pass may stop working in April 2017. Where does that info come from and how sure?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Update 2: Okay, I had a momentary scare using the new Windows 10 PC that could run Zune software, sign in to my account, and download Marketplace tracks using my Pass subscription. I had charged ahead and installed my external hard drive with all the Zune DRM tracks I had downloaded over the years on the other PC that was no longer allowing me to log in without the error described above in my first post.

The first time with the new tracks, having logged in and updated (actually just confirming) the location of the external hard drive tracks locations, the tracks started loading and displaying artwork in my Collection display. I could play tracks. However, at some point, either restarting the Zune app or while running it, the software suddenly stopped (or didn't load) and after a series of errors loading the software and signing in, I was pretty much at the same spot, unable to log in without getting the above error again, and new ones.

How I fixed it, so far, was to turn off Windows 10 Firewall and Defender protection. Afterwards, I could once again load Zune software and sign in without error! I went back to Firewall and made sure all Zune related programs were in the allowed software lists (exclusions) and in fact added an entry for Microsoft Zune, pointing to the Zune.exe in its directory. Just to be sure, I created a Zune.exe exclusion in the Defender app (couldn't browse to the app, just entered it) and once again turned on Defender's real-time protection.

I've been able to sync my players and add tracks, and I assume I'll be able to download tracks again (but not stream them first).

I'd recommend taking these two steps to anyone having these problems.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 27, 2022 Views 1,182 Applies to: