Windows Media Player - CDs Not Ripping

I was ripping CDs to Windows Media Player this afternoon and, after five CDs without any problems, the next four CDs all failed to rip and the error message was 'Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD.

I understood that this was possibly an error with the CD when it first happened but, having tried another three after that, I now realise that this isn't an error with my CDs.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Good day! I'm Raniel, a Microsoft user like you. I understand your frustration regarding this issue and I'll do my best to help.

Kindly enable the error correction on windows media player:
1. On your search bar, type "windows media player" and open it
2. Go to the Tools tab > select Options
3. Under the Devices tab > select your CD/DVD writer and click on Properties
4. Double check if "Digital" is selected under the Playback and Rip > tick the checkbox for "Use error correction"
5. Click on OK, then try again.

If that didn't work, you may also perform the additional methods on this article as well: https://appuals.com/fix-windows-media-player-ca...

I hope this helps. Good luck!
Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 28, 2024 Views 113 Applies to: