Picture of the "Artist" in Groove Music totally wrong

With Windows 10 upgrade, when Groove music was populated with my music, some of the photos of the "Artist" are completely wrong.

How do I eliminate them or change them?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The artist picture you supply for the female artist Yazz is the male artists Yaz a pop duo from the 90's they are also known as Yazoo.  Similar names but different artists.  You have no picture for Yazz (Yasman Evans) the female artist from England.  Please correct.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Coco1949,

Thank you for posting on the Forum.

According to your post, artist pictures in Groove Music app on Windows 10 are wrong.

I suggest you try troubleshooting techniques described on the link below:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-groove/is-groove-music-app-broken-it-will-not-display-any/c699bcbc-5dcf-4424-b7a7-05a71fa66242

Feel free to reply back, if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

Viktorija L. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Your response clearly indicates that you have not understood my post. Did you even read it thoughtfully? There is nothing wrong with my database.  I do not need to do extensive repairs to Groove. It was wrong of you to direct me to do so.   There is no way I can fix this. If I rebuilt my database, (and apparently the only way to do this is convoluted at best) Microsoft (or its contractor) would again send to me the wrong photo.  

Now..... Please understand clearly. 

Review the previous message a few times if you are confused or having difficulty.  But let me further clarify.....

The mistake resides only with Microsoft's groove meta data database, this is the database that you control that supplies to the Groove users metadata for our music collections (or the database of the company you contract to supply metadata for music files).  Your server has the artist photos for the above mentioned artists incorrectly associated.  This is a classic case of garbage in garbage out.  Your metadata database supplied to my Groove App bad data, in this case the wrong picture for the wrong artist.  You have to fix it and supply the correct artist image for the artist name that that image belongs to.  Forward my two discorses within this thread to the appropriate metadata department within Microsoft or to the company that Microsoft contracts to care for the Groove metadata.  Only they can fix it.

And finally, it would behoove Microsoft to create a website or forum wherein we (the groove users) can easily report metadata discrepancies for review and correction by the metadata provider.  If you have one it is not easy to find and should be part of the groove help system.  If you do have one.... direct me to it.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Artist collisions are a common issue on Groove. I suspect this comes from their provider. It *should* be an easy thing to correct, but there is currently not a process in place to report metadata mismatches or artist collisions.

If you search the Uservoice and Windows Feedback, this issue has been reported and voted on multiple times.
The answer is always PowerShell

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Got it. Thanks, Edward!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We watch all of our feedback channels for bugs in our catalog. If you know of any, let it rip! We're watching. :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So is this going to be fixed soon? Is there a timeline? Is this a microsoft error? Or is this a third party's error? Hire me! I can be one man that fixes all the pictures for all the artists. I'm sure there are many public quality pictures out there that we could use for the artists. Just imagine me going at it for hours! Id fix it all right up in no time!
Monkey

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Groove uses Bandpage for their images and Bios. Users cannot correct data, only the bands.   I would prefer to see a Wiki based system like Last.fm uses, but I don't think that is going to occur.

:sigh:

BTW, someone needs to get Bandpage to update their branding to include Groove.

The answer is always PowerShell

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So is there an official place that we can report incorrect Artist photo's or music profiles?

Photo's for the group The Gipsy Kings (Groove Artist Listing) alternates a picture of a group of old men (the correct group) and some young men and women (not the correct group) yet the Bio talks about the right group.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You might want to try a utility that allows you to edit the artist and album images.

https://groovemanager.codeplex.com/

If the artist has no profile on Xbox Music, you will not be able to apply a good image.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 25, 2024 Views 11,492 Applies to: