Media Rights system on your computer has encounted error - C00D11D6 (c00D278f)

Well my CPU died the other day so i installed and upgraded the CPU.  Alls fine there until i tried opening any of my songs in the Zune Software.

Every album i open or even stream i recieve the error and it needs to be manually reset.   So after some searching i found Microsoft KBhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/929642.

I go to the link specified to reset the DRM however the upgrade link is greyed out.   Ive tried every thing i could think of and cant get it to work.

I have renamed the DRM folder to DRMbackup, Tried deleting the folder, Running windows explorer in Admin Mode, Running in Safe Mode, Changing the security settings in exporer and uninstalling Zune software and reinstalling -Nothing

Am I missing something?

Question Info

Last updated July 7, 2019 Views 3,696 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Did you try running internet explorer as an administrator? Just right click internet explorer, and choose "run as administrator", then paste in that link and see if the button is enabled.

If that doesn't work, you might try this:

First back up any DRM content on that machine, from Zune or other providers.

Then download this tool locally (save it to the desktop for easy access):

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkId=105000

Make sure the Zune software is closed, then run the tool as an administrator (right click the tool, select “run as administrator”).

Once that is done, launch the Zune software, sign in, and then try to download a new Zune Pass track and see if it’s successful.

Hope that helps!

.:This posting is provided as-is with no warranties, and confers no rights:.
.:This posting is provided as-is with no warranties, and confers no rights:.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.