Phone Number Conundrum on Teams

Teams Login Problems

I had my phone number associated with my main account, but deleted it off of that account so that I could add it to another account.

When logging in via the new account, I was sent the verification codes, but was given the message that the phone number is in use with another account.

Now I can't even login into the original account, because it says the phone number is already in use.

So...the phone number seems to be in limbo and I can't log into either account.

How do I gain access to Teams, if it won't let me use my phone number that it sends codes to and I was clearly verifying said codes?

Answer
Answer
Hi Zach,

I am sorry to hear that you have been facing issues with your Microsoft Teams Account.

Does the system still notify you that your mobile number is in use, chances are one of your account is still associated with your number.

Try using your number as a sign in option can we try to forgot password on the sign in window , click the verification method, system will prompt "how would you like to get your security code" choose via sms or call to you number.

https://account.live.com/username/recover

Let me know if that worked out well for you. Feel free to ask me if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Joanna

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 7, 2020 Views 44 Applies to: