iOS MS Teams Can Not add Participants to a meeting (No Option to) and wont sync with my Outlook Calendar on my iPhone

Hello,

I have an issue that with my gmail email account that I have working on my iPhone XR using the Outlook app in that on the same phone, my installed MS Teams app does not sync calendars in either direction.

When I schedule a meeting in Outlook, there is no option to make it a MS Teams meeting near the location tab.

I also do not have the "Add Participants" tab or button in the area on MS Teams when scheduling a meeting.

So I can not invite anyone to a MS Teams meeting nor schedule a meeting in outlook and choose MS Teams as the location.

It's like the two apps don't know the other one is there when they are installed on the same device and MS Teams wont allow me to add participants and access my contacts which I have set to yes in the settings area of this Teams app.

I have left it for over a week as I saw some posts that it could take time for the two apps to sync but it is still not working.

I can click on an invitation "Join Meeting" link in an email invitation and participate in the meeting no worries via the Teams app. I just cant initiate a meeting as described above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Michael

Hi

My name is Daniel. I am an Independent Advisor and consumer of Microsoft products, I will be more than happy to help you.

MS Team free comes with very limited capabilities regarding calendar feature so indeed you can't sync the calendar and invite meeting participants on MS Team free calendar feature. You need to upgrade to a paid license if you want to have a fully functional calendar

The way you schedule a meeting on MS Team free, by sharing the meeting with the calendar app on your mobile phone then invite the meeting participants from there. Here I show you the screenshots. 

I'm an independent advisor. I'm not a Microsoft staff.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Daniel. 

when i schedule the meeting in Teams, i see it in my iPhone calendar and can invite people to the meeting but the purple Join icon or ability to make it a Teams meeting is nowhere that i can find. 

The recipient gets an email inviting them to the meeting however when they RSVP they get an email soon after with the error something like:

A communication failure occurred during the delivery of this message. Please try to resend the message later. If the problem continues, contact your email admin.”

and they dont get an option to join a Teams meeting at all. 

Also if I’m only using my iPhone and no PC, I have checked in the Apple Store and I cannot find a version of Microsoft teams that isn’t the free version.

How do I purchase a license so that I can use it on my iPhone?

thanks again Michael

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can use the "copy meeting link" method instead then paste into your email client app then send it to others.

Please see the green box/arrow in the screenshot below.
I'm an independent advisor. I'm not a Microsoft staff.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Daniel,

I have a friend with an iPhone XR and Office365 (using Outlook).  When he creates an appointment he sees no option to "invite attendees" on his phone.  I can profile him on my iPhone and it works fine.  I have set him up on his iPad and it works fine, I set my account up on his iPhone and there are no "invite attendees".  This is driving him crazy.  I have removed his profile and re added it and still no invite attendees, it used to work (2 months ago). Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2023 Views 3,162 Applies to: