My meeting recording from Microsoft Teams disappears from the Downloads folder

Hi! Lately, Microsoft Teams recordings won't upload to Microsoft Stream, so I have to download them in my computer. However, after I have downloaded them, they won't appear in my Downloads folder, so I have to download them all over again until they don't get deleated. Does anybody know why this happens? It would be of great help.

Thank you in advance,

Answer
Answer

Hi Magdalena,

Since you can download the recordings from Teams Web App, you can keep it as a temporary workaround. For the problem happening in Teams client, it is suggested that you try the following methods and then check the result.

1.  Try clearing Teams cache to see whether the problem is related to the cache. To do that, the steps are as follows:

a. Sign out of Teams and fully exit the Microsoft Teams desktop client.

b. Go to File Explorer, and type in %appdata%\Microsoft\teams.

c. Once in the directory, you’ll see a few of the following folders:

From ‘Application Cache’, go to Cache and delete any of the files in the Cache location. “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\application cache\cache”.

From ‘Blob_storage’, delete any files that are located in here if any. “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage”.

Within ‘Cache’, delete all files in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Cache”.

Within ‘databases’, delete all files in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\databases”.

Within ‘GPUCache’, delete all files in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\GPUcache”.

Within ‘IndexedDB’, delete the .db file in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\IndexedDB”.

Within ‘Local Storage’, delete all files in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage”.

Lastly, from ‘tmp’, delete all files in “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\tmp”.

d. Restart Team.

2.  Uninstall Teams and then download it again to see if it works.

If it still cannot work, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Seven

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 10, 2021 Views 3,405 Applies to: